Chapter 4

Samuel's POV

Friday Morning

"Jake you about ready to go?" I yelled upstairs

"Yeah dad, I'll be right down."

I walked outside and got in my truck and waited for Jake. Once he got in we were off to school.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah bud, what's up?" I asked

"Can we invite Katie and Ms. Audrey to go with us tonight?" He said looking up at me.

"Well, if you want to we can."

"Good! That way you and Ms. Audrey can start dating!" He smiled

"What did you say?"

"Hey, I know you like Ms. Audrey, it's obvious dad." He laughed

"Yeah, she's... She's pretty special." I smiled

When we got to school Jake and I hopped out and walked to his class. Whenever we got there I saw Audrey and Katie talking by their table.

"Hi Katie, hi Ms. Audrey!" Jake smiled

"Hey Jake!" They said in unison.

"Would you like to go with us tonight?" Jake said shyly .

"Yeah! Where are we going?" Katie blurted out.

"Well we normally go out to eat, then go to a movie, and sometimes we play putt-putt." Jake smiled

Jake and Katie ran off and started playing, while Audrey walked over to me.

"You don't actually have to go with us if you don't want to." I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"No, it's totally fine, we didn't have anything planned." She smiled .

"Good." I smiled back

"Oh really?" She asked turning around to the door.

"Yeah. I mean, it's kind of like our second date." I teased, as we walked down the hallway.

"Who said we ever went on a date?"

"Well...I..uhh.." I stuttered

"Gotcha," she laughed "so are we meeting you there? Or..?"

"Oh no. This is a date, I'm picking you two up." I smiled .

"Well since this is a date, what should we wear?"

"Well I'd like to see you two in a dress. Since I've only seen you in shorts and a t-shirt." I smiled

"Well then, I guess you're gonna have to wear a button up shirt then. Since you're always in a cutoff." She said grabbing my arm.

I had to steady myself, her touch makes me weak.

"Only for you, will I dress nice." I said

She noticeably blushed. We parted ways and I drove back home. I didn't see Audrey when I picked Jake up, but I'm so excited for tonight.
Jake and I began getting ready. He put on a pink Polo shirt, tucked into his jeans.
I had a light blue button up shirt, tucked into my dark jeans. On the way to pick the girls up, we stopped and got them each a rose. Red for Audrey, and Pink for Katie. Once we arrived I knocked on her door. A few seconds later Audrey opened the door, and immediately took my breath away. Jake took Katie's rose, and ran inside past Audrey.

"You look...beautiful" I said smiling

"Well thank you, you look pretty good yourself." She grinned

"I brought you this rose!" I said handing it to her.

"It's beautiful, thank you." She said kissing my cheek.

"I.. I'm sorry" she said looking down.

"Don't be. It'll happen again." I said putting my arm around her shoulder and walking inside. I can't wait to show Katie and Audrey off tonight!