Chapter 27

This whole "trying to get pregnant" thing, has been really hard on Audrey. Her whole personality and attitude has changed. Not that she has become mean, she's a lot quieter, and soft spoken. She's not as confident as she used to be, and that's what I miss the most.

"Hey baby, where you at?" I shout.

"In the kitchen." She replies.

I walk downstairs, and into the kitchen to see her cooking. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Whatcha making?" I asked.

"Well since it's pretty cold outside, I thought I'd make potato soup."

"Mmm, that sounds amazing!" I say kissing her cheek.

"I hope it tastes good." She said softly.

"I'm sure it'll taste great!" I smiled.

I slowly turned Audrey around and pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"I love you so much, and I wish you were as confident as you were before all of this happened." I said kissing her forehead.

"What do you mean, 'as confident'?" She asked pulling away.

"Audrey it's like you've lost confidence in yourself. You're not confident about anything you do now. Do you know how hard it is for me to watch that? To watch you question yourself in almost everything you do. I hate to watch you like this. I love you more than anything in this world, but I hate to see you this way. I just.. I don't know how to help you, and that's what I want to do. I'm in this too. You're not the only one hurting, but I want to help you not hurt. Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it."

At this point she had tears streaming down her face, and her bottom lip was quivering.

"I'm sorry!" She cried out and ran upstairs.

I just squatted down and put my head in my hands and cried even more. Katie and Jake came in from school and immediately wanted something to eat.

"Daddy, where's mama?" Katie asked eating some fruit snacks.

"She's upstairs taking a nap."

"Why were you crying when we came in?" Jake asked.

"Mommy and I were talking." I replied.

"Fighting?" Katie asked

"Not really, no." I said.

"Are y'all getting a divorce?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Oh gosh, no no no! Baby come here!"

She ran over to me, and I picked her up.

"Mommy and I are never getting a divorce, okay? We're just going through something right now." I said softly kissing her forehead.

"Okay.."

"If you don't believe me, you can go upstairs and ask her."

"Okay." She sniffled.

"Hey bug, tell mommy I love her very very much." I smiled.

"I will!" Katie said smiling and running upstairs.