Chapter 14

Audrey's POV

Sam and I have been doing a lot of planning for our wedding lately, and it gets me so excited! It's Saturday morning and Sam and I are taking a walk at the park, while my mom watches the kids.

"Hey baby, what about these peonies as the centerpiece for the tables?" Sam asked as we walked in the park.

"I love peonies! They're beautiful!" I said smiling.

"I take that as a yes!" He laughed, squeezing my hand

We continued our walk and just talked about the wedding. When we got home Katie and Jake were swimming while my mom read a magazine.

"Hey mama!" Katie exclaimed as I walked out back.

"Hey bug, you having fun?"

"Duh!" She laughed

I felt arms wrap around my waist, and a head rest on my shoulder. Sam kissed my cheek and said:

"Hey baby, I've gotta run into the office for little bit, I'll let you know when I leave okay?"

"Oh okay, just be careful." I said kissing his cheek.

And with that he was out the door. I went and sat down next to mama and started talking with her.

"Your wedding is getting closer and closer!" She said all excited

"I know!" I said letting out a deep breath

"You okay?"

"Just stressed that's all" I said with a small smile.

"Well that's understandable, it'll be okay! Trust me, it'll be the best day of your life!" She said rubbing my hand

"Love you mama!" I said smiling

"Love you more!" She winked at me

"I'm gonna run to the little café downtown and grab some sandwiches and stuff, can you watch them again?"  I asked

"Of course!"

Sam's POV

I didn't have to go into the office, Kristine wanted to meet and talk about Jake, so I said yes. We're sitting at a café downtown talking. I watch her as she talks and wonder why I ever got together with her. There's no one that compares to Audrey. Absolutely no one.
I look out of the window and my heart starts racing as I see Audrey walking in the door. She quickly spots me, and the look on her face, immediately hurts me. I jump up and run over to Audrey as she walks out the door.

"Audrey please wait!" I said grabbing her hand.

"Let go of me!" She said jerking her arm away.

"Aud stop!" I said grabbing her waist and pulling her back to me.

"What the hell was that!" She said looking back and forth in my eyes.

"She just wanted to talk about Jake and see how he was, that's all. She talked the whole time, and I said nothing. I can't even tell you what she said." I said as my voice cracked.

"Why'd you lie to me?" She said stepping back.

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go. And I just wanted her to get to hear about Jake. But like I said, I didn't talk at all."

"I would've let you go. It's Jake's mom, she deserves to know about how he his doing." She said a little more calm.

"I'm sorry baby. I really am. I can't even express how sorry I am." I said hanging my head.

She just looked at me, and didn't say a word. So I leaned over and kissed her cheek and said:

"I can tell this isn't a good time, so I'm gonna head back to the house. I love you." I said walking away. When I got back to the house Katie and Jake were both taking a nap, and Ms. Edna was watching tv.

"I screwed up. I screwed up." I said sitting down and putting my head in my hands.

"What happened?"

"I told Audrey I had to go to the office, but I met Kristine to talk about Jake, and she's upset with me. And she has every right to be."

"Hey, she's not mad, she's just processing everything. Calm down and breath okay." She said patting my back.

"I love her so much, I don't ever want to hurt her." I said letting out a deep breath, as my tears fell.

"You haven't hurt her Sam, just relax and talk to her."

"Audrey is everything good in my life. She's the best thing that has happened to me. Besides Jake of course, but my god she's perfect." I said wiping my face.

"She loves you so much Same, it's going to be okay, alright?" She said rubbing my shoulder.

I heard the front door open, and heard Audrey's sandals clicking across the floor. My heart started racing as I heard them get closer. I couldn't even look at her. I could see her legs in front of me.

"You're not even going to look at me?" She asked

"You don't even want to look at me." I said leaning back.

"Samuel really?"

"Audrey, you would barely say a word to me 30 minutes ago, and now you're complaining about me not looking at you. So I've told you I'm sorry and everything thing else under the sun, I don't know what else to do. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight so you can have some space."  I said getting up and walking upstairs and grabbing some blankets and pillows. Audrey was right on my heels.

"You're not sleeping on the couch Sam, that's ridiculous. You're sleeping in the bed with me." She said

"No, you need some space so, I'll be fine. Sweet dreams Aud." I said turning around.

She just stood at the top of the steps and started crying. It took everything in me not to run up and hug her, but she needs space. As I was laying on the couch, obviously not sleeping, I couldn't stop thinking about Audrey. I had to talk to her. I got up and began walking upstairs and into our bedroom. I heard a sniffling sound, and walked over to the side of the bed she was on, and knelt down. She looked at me, and her cheeks were puffy and red, and her eyes were swollen and red as well. I gently brushed her hair out of her face, and softly said:

"I love you so much baby."

"I love you too." She said reaching out for me. She scooted over in bed, and I crawled up next to her.

"I'm so so so sorry. Please forgive me Aud, I never meant or want to hurt you." I said softly.

"It's okay. I do forgive you, but please don't lie to me, okay? I just want us to be happy and okay." She said nudging herself closer to me.

"We are happy. I've never been this happy!"

She leaned up and kissed me, for s rather long time.

"I love you baby." She said pulling back and laying her head on my chest.

"I love you more." I said pulling her close.