Chapter 24

AUDREY'S POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a phone ringing. I looked over at my phone, to see a black screen, so it wasn't mine. I rolled over, and leaned across Sam to grab his phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oh...Audrey. I wasn't expecting you to answer." The voice said.

"Kristine? Why are you calling Sam? And this early?" I questioned.

"Uhm.. I was just going to check on Jake." She stuttered.

Samuel started moving and wrapped his arms around me tighter. He began to kiss my neck. I pushed the covers off of me and sat up in bed.

"And you needed to call this early to do that?" I said annoyed.

"Why does it matter to you?" She snapped.

"Because you're calling MY husband, and at 7:30 in the morning." I raised my voice.

"Baby, who is that?" Sam asked.

"Kristine." I mouthed.

He rolled his eyes, and took the phone from my hand.

"Kristine, from now on, do not call my phone before 10 A.M. And after 8 P.M. Understood? You stopped caring for Jake and I, when you cheated on me. Just forget about me. I'm trying my hardest to do the same with you, but I can't with you constantly calling me. Audrey and I are together now. We're married, and I couldn't think of anyone else, I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. With that said.."  He hung up, and put his phone on the nightstand.

At this point, I was livid. I couldn't even think straight. Why would she call him? She wanted something different. It wasn't about Jake.

"Baby, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. She won't be calling me again. I'm blocking her number." Sam said, as he began rubbing my back.

"Why does she call you?"

"She says it's about Jake, but she never ask about him. Just about me. And she talks about how she's doing." He said.

"Do you ask her how she's doing?" I turn towards him.

"God no! I don't open up any conversation with her." He exclaimed.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Baby are you okay?" He asked turning my body towards him.

"I just don't want you to develop feeling for her again. She's manipulative, and she's the mother of your son, and..." I started hyperventilating, and crying, but Sam cut me off.

"Baby stop. I have no feelings for her okay? Yes she is Jake's mother, but your MY wife. Better yet, your my soulmate. We're going to be together forever. I hope you know that." Sam said brushing my hair out of my face.

"I love you so much." I said grabbing his face and kissing him.

"I love you more!" He laughed against my lips.

I pulled him back down, and l laid on top of him. We soon fell back asleep.

SAMUEL'S POV

Audrey and I woke up again, this time it was 10:45. We got up and cooked breakfast for the kids, and they soon came running down the stairs. After we ate, Katie and Jake wanted to go swimming, so they got their swimsuits on, and jumped in the pool. Audrey and I just sat out back and talked as they swam. It was such a nice day. Especially getting to spend it with my family.