Chapter 21

Samuel's POV

Audrey and I haven't talked that much the past few days. I've been sleeping in one of our guest bedrooms, while she stays in our room. This morning I get up and head downstairs to make some coffee and make breakfast. As I walk past the living room, I notice that the tv is still on. No one else is awake, so it must have been left on last night. I walk over to turn it off, but I notice Audrey asleep on the couch. As I kneel beside her I can see that her eyes are red and puffy, as well as her nose, making it clear she had been crying. I get up and sit beside her on the edge of the couch. I softly stroke her cheek and she begins to move. As soon as she lays eyes on me, she starts crying. I wrap my arms around her and pull her up against me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. You're opinion does matter. It's the one I value the most, and I don't wanna lose you. Please don't be angry with me Sam. I can't do this. I can't not talk to you. I can't not sleep next to you. I can't not play with your hands, because that's how I know everything is okay. When I have your hands, that's when I know you and I are okay. I love you so much, and I don't wanna lose or hurt you."
At this point, there were tears streaming down her face, and she was struggling to catch her breath. I held her against me, and rubbed her back.

"Baby, calm down. I'm not upset with you anymore. Please try and calm down. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. You're my forever. We're in this forever. I love you so much baby. Never forget that okay?" I said putting my forehead to hers.

"Okay." She said softly with a smile.
She leaned in and kissed me, and pulled me beside her. We were as close as we could get, and I wouldn't have it any other way.