Chapter 26

AUDREY'S POV

Sam and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months, and so far all of the tests have been negative. I know Sam wants children with me, and I feel like I'm letting him down every time. I don't want him to leave me because I can't get pregnant. He is the love of my life and I can't lose him. I can tell it hurts him, but he'd never say it. He's too worried about making sure I'm okay. Right now he's on his way home from work, and I'm laying down on our bed.
4 minutes left. I need this to be positive. It has to be positive. I heard the bedroom door open, but I didn't bother to move. I knew it was Samuel, because mama is keeping Katie and Jake for the weekend.

"Hey baby!" Sam said leaning down and kissing me.

"Hey honey." I smiled softly.

"How much time do we have left?" He asked pulling me close.

"30 seconds." I says exhaling.

"Want me to check this time?" He asked sitting up.

"Please." I whimpered.

He kissed my head and walked into our bathroom. I heard a sigh, and the thud of the test hitting the bottom of the trash can. I immediately started crying, and crawling under the covers. Sam came out and got under the covers with me, pulling me as close as he could. He repeatedly kissed my head and told me he loved me. I just clamped on to his shirt, and cried harder.

"I'm sorry." I choked out.

"Baby, for what?" He asked.

"That I can't give you a baby. I don't wanna fail you, and I can't give you what you want." I cried out.

"Hey hey hey, Aud do not apologize. You have no reason to be sorry. Do you understand? I'm not mad or upset at you. And you are definitely not failing me. Heavens no! You are more than I could ask for. I'm not going anywhere." He said kissing my head.

"Are you still attracted to me? Like do you still want me?"

"Baby, you are the most beautiful and the sexiest woman in the world." He said pulling me on top of him.

I straddled his lap, wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, and pulled him up to me.

"I love you so much!" I whispered

"I love you too baby." He whispers against my lips, and then kissed them.

"Smile baby." He said looking at me.

"I'm still a little sad." I said quietly.

"Hmmm." Sam smirked.

He suddenly began to kiss me all over my face sending me into immediate laughter.

"Can we still practice though?" He stopped suddenly

"Mmm, I guess so." I said winking at him.

He stood up, still holding me, and began to walk downstairs.

"I thought we were gonna practice!" I laughed.

"But I'm hungry!" He said with his puppy eyes, and poking his lip out.

"Oh my goodness! We can't let you go hungry, can we?" I teased him.

"Nuh uh! Gotta keep me full and happy!" He said setting me down on the counter.

I threw my head back and laughed.

"So!" He exclaimed as he clapped his hands together.
"Whatcha want to eat baby?"

"Mmm, pizza!" I said excitedly.

"Pizza!" He mocked, poking my sides.
Which got me laughing again.

"Pizza it is!" He said kissing me, and starting to prepare everything. Once everything was ready we took it upstairs to our bedroom, laid in bed, and began watching a movie.

"Oh my gosh baby this is so good!" I said with a mouth full of pizza.

"I'm glad you like it!" He said kissing me.