-|JERRY|-

Before Cake could get eaten by V.K. Fionna turned to Lucy and Simon, remote still in hand.

"Grab on!"

Fionna pressed a button on the broken remote teleporting the group to a new, unknown location.

Fionna, Cake, Lucy and Simon teleported into a barren wasteland. The sun was scorching in the yellowed sky above. They decided they needed to find a crown in this world, mostly because the remote was broken beyond repair.

The ground was sandy, mirroring the footprints of everyone. Simon and Lucy led, trying to make out any landmarks of Ooo.

Simon halted.

"We've been walking for miles, but I've seen no sign of the Ice Kingdom."

"And no sign of where to look for a crown." Lucy continued.

"Hey, at least we haven't seen any vampires here." Fionna said, making Simon and Lucy turn to face her.

Cake turned angrily.

"Oh, great, we left monster world and ended up in crapworld."

Fionna looked down sadly.

"Cake, chill out, okay. Be grateful you're alive." Lucy scolded.

The group walked on and found a place to set up camp. Fionna dumped out her backpack, trying to examine what supplies they had to fix the remote.

"Can you use any of this stuff to fix the remote?" Cake asked while she gestured to the pile of junk on the ground.

Lucy shook her head and looked at the remote again.

"No. This thing is dead."

"Unless we can get a jump, we're stuck here." Simon said.

"I could have taken that crown." Cake grumbled.

"Cake, let it go." Lucy warned.

"It's all your fault." Cake looked at Fionna.

"Yeah, it's my fault you're not dead."

Cake looked at Fionna angrily before stretching.

"I'm gonna go stretch my legs."

"Be careful. You don't know what's out there!" Fionna shouted.

Lucy grabbed a nearby stick and started to draw pictures in the sand. The sun had begun to set as Simon started a fire.

"So much for art." Simon said as he threw a magazine into the fire.

"Eh, art comes in all forms." Lucy said as she continued to draw pictures into the sand. Fionna noticed.

"That's really good," she softly said.

Lucy perked up in shock. Simon and Fionna stared at her.

"Oh! Uh, thank you."

"Where'd you learn to draw like that?"

"Well, when you spend hundreds of years alone in a sealed cave with only a stick and some sand, you learn some things." Lucy chuckled.

Simon looked at Fionna who was curled up in a ball and looking down sadly.

"You did the right thing."

"I just didn't want to see her hurt."

Simon looked off to the side.

"I saved Marceline by putting on the crown. But it could have easily backfired. And in the long run, I did hurt her."