-|CHEERS ii|-

Simon felt his body get staticy before he appeared on the floating block in front of Golbetty. Holding the crown above his head. He slowly put it down towards his torso before facing Golbetty with a sorry look.

"Oh, Betty. Is that what it was like? I stood by and allowed you to sacrifice yourself for me. Even though part of me should've known better. Like that day at the bus stop."

The world around Simon changed, now showing the very day he was reminiscing about.

"Betty!" He heard himself shout.

Simon watched what he did. Running up to Betty and getting ready to talk to her.

"Betty! Betty!"

"Petrikov."

"I could've made the effort to support you, the way you always supported me." Simon said as he walked over to his past self and past Betty. "Maybe I never would have found the crown."

"I, uh–I-I found your note." Past Simon expressed as he pulled out the note.

"Yeah?" Past Betty questioned.

"Who knows what life would have been like." Simon stated as he looked at Past Betty.

"You should be more careful with..."

Simon walked into his past self and took over his body. He looked at the note for a moment before looking at Betty. She smiled down at him, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

Simon smiled.

"You know what?" Simon started. "The enchiridion can wait. Let's check out some petroglyphs."

Simon walked up the stairs towards Betty.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Betty smiled.

Simon hug Betty, spinning her around just as he did before.

"Oh, Petrikov." Betty chuckled.

The bus arrived and Simon was about to get on with Betty before he stopped.

"But wait." Simon stopped her. "This isn't how it happened."

Betty frowned before giving Simon a smile once more.

"No, we made our choices. We could've made better ones, but I don't have any regrets."

Betty held Simon's hand in hers. She let go. Simon handed her her suitcase.

"You were a wonderful experience."

"You were... everything."

Betty was on the verge of boarding the bus when she suddenly halted and turned back.

"Before I forget," Betty began, catching Simon's attention once more. "Could you paint something for me on that easel over there?"

Simon responded with a warm smile.

"Of course. Have a safe journey, Betty."

Returning the smile, Betty replied, "Safe travels, Petrikov."

With that, Betty boarded the bus, and as it pulled away, Simon noticed Golbetty in her place.

True to Betty's request, Simon found an easel and paints nearby. He selected a paintbrush and canvas, embarking on a painting journey. He started with fiery orange hair tied up with a purple scrunchie, followed by beautiful dark skin adorned with freckles. A nice purple T-shirt, a detailed face, and finally, two pitch-black horns completed the portrait.

The park scene transitioned into a secluded cave, where Simon detected the sound of gentle weeping. With a gentle touch, he effortlessly unsealed the cave entrance, revealing Lucy huddled in distress, on the brink of assuming her shadowy, true form. Simon settled beside her, extending a comforting hand to rest on her quivering shoulder.