-|CASPER, NOVA, & ASTRA ii|-

SIMON'S POV

I feel nothing as I place the crown on my head.

"You just got real weird there. Shermy?" An unfamiliar voice says.

I feel a poke and open my eyes in shock and confusion to see a cloudy field.

"Wha?! Aah!" I lose my balance and land in the arms of a giant yellow creature. The creature clicks its tongue and places me down onto the wet grass. That's strange, I can feel it as though it was on my skin.

"Your legs aren't broken. You can walk."

I stand there with my eyes still wide in shock. I touch my face and feel fur? I look at my hands(which looked like little paws) before walking over to look at a nearby puddle and take a look at my reflection. Looking at myself, I didn't look like anything but myself. Normal hands in the puddle version of me. I gasp.

"What just happened?" I ask as I kneel down to the puddle. I look up at my surroundings. "I'm in another weird version of Ooo. Bread balls!"

"Language." the calm voice from earlier scolds me.

I paid no attention as I looked into the sky.

"Betty, why did you send me here? And in this body?" I splash my face into the puddle. "Why, why, why?"

"Shermy..." The calm voice approached. "...are you going through puberty?"

I turn to the voice.

"I know this is going to sound farfetched, but I'm not Shermy." I say with seriousness. "My name is Simon Petrikov. I'm from another world far different than your own."

The creature looks at me with amusement.

"Okay 'Simon.'" The creature said using air quotes. "You're not getting out of going to the library by acting weird."

I felt my face light up.

"Library? That's great, actually. I could really use a library right now."

The creature looked at me.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"No, no, no. I love the library." I try and convince them with a smile.

The creature shrugged.

"Okay. I like this new you."

It walked off.

"Fionna and cake are still waiting for their magic world. I'll find myself another crown. You can zap me to whatever alternate universe you want, but I have free will. Do you hear me, Betty? Do you hear me?" I yell out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The creature, whom I have learned is named Beth, and I continued our journey to the library. I took the time to ask important questions.

"Have there been any significant ice events in this world?"

"Not recently."

"Who has the magic crown now?"

"What crown?" Beth asks as we neared a gigantic building.

"It's gold and pointy, set with red gems–"

"Shh. We have to be quiet now." Beth shushed.

We opened the doors and entered the library. None of the bookshelves had books on them, instead they were full of dust and cobwebs.