3. Embarrassment

Freen Sarocha

I went through the file again. Went through my notes again. Memorized everything I needed to know to charm her. This was a whole new playing field. Seducing guys? Easy, give them a flirty look, do a cute wink and they came lining up. But charming a woman? No clue. I had searched some tips on the internet, but it was going to be one hell of a challenge.

She was 24 and had held a steady job at a very prestigious law firm since she had been 22. She skipped a couple grades, apparently being one of the best in her line of work, so that explained why she was already at the top of her profession.

I understood and could honestly relate to that since I was one of the youngest in mine. But of course, I couldn't tell her that.

Luckily the boys had gotten to know her on some level. She loved red but preferred white roses. She sometimes drank beers, but really, she was a cocktail girl. All that kind of stuff. If I played my cards right it might work.

Isn't there a saying? 

"What do lesbians bring on a first date? U-haul or something?"

Anyway, I always heard lesbians fall extremely fast so that would play into my advantage, right?

After all the prep work, I had found my way to her office and after shaking her warm hand, sat down opposite of her.

There was a strange flutter in my stomach, but I wrote it off as nerves. This was, after all, my first mission that involved another female.

"I'm just here for a quick consult. I'm not sure if I have a case." I started, going with a story Billy and I made up.

"I have been living with my girlfriend, but some stupid things happened, we broke up and she threw me out on the street. She changed the locks and won't let me back in, but I still have a lot of stuff there. Like a lot of cd's, some furniture, clothes, is there something that can be done?" I asked, making sure she got the point that my ex was a girl. We made sure that it wouldn't be possible to make a valid case, but at the same time, didn't seem like a silly request.

"And did you have some sort of contract? A written agreement" Something of that sort?" she asked, scribbling down some unreadable words.

I thought only doctors had terrible handwriting?

"No, it was her house and I only moved in a couple months ago. We didn't think about breaking up. I didn't about changing my address on my ID yet because it is such a hassle, so officially I still live in a tiny apartment that I bought a couple of years ago. I was going to sell it, glad I didn't do that" I lied, well, it wasn't a complete lie. I did buy my own flat when I started working and I tried to sell it because it was so tiny, but you can get too attached to a place.

"I'm sorry, but from all I've heard I don't think you have anything on legal grounds" she said closing her notebook, giving me an apologetic smile.

I'm not into girls, but she was indeed very pretty. She had beautiful eyes and a smooth velvety voice. She was completely Billy's type and I got now why he was so upset.

All his sulking disappeared when he heard I had to seduce her though. He got all excited about it, like most men, when they hear that two girls are about to get it on.

"Okay, thanks anyway" I said, standing up and walking to her door. Then after a little pause, I turned around, seemingly like I just made up my mind about something.

"I don't want to be out of line, but is there a chance you would want to go out with me?" I asked, giving her my signature wink. It works on men and lesbians because she almost immediately said yes.

Billy,0. Freen,1.

"Great, how about I'll give you a call?" I said, taking the lead as confidently as I could. In reality, I felt very insecure and vulnerable. Did men always have to do this? This kind of sucked.

She nodded, grabbed one of her business cards and scribbled down her personal number, I assume.

"Delightful. I'll call you tonight" I chirped, immediately cringing when I heard what left my mouth.

Delightful? Who the hell says that nowadays. Why couldn't I have just said awesome or fantastic? Stupid. I was already making a fool out of myself, and we weren't even on a date. If I kept going like that, there wasn't going be a date. Just breathe.

Play it cool.

"Awesome. I'm going to go now. Bye" I said, trying to cover up my idiotic choice of words. She flashed me a stunning smile and it made me a little bit lightheaded.

Better get out of here quick before I say more stupid things. I turned around and walked out of the office, but I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Wrong move. Before I knew it, I walked into the open door, banging my head loudly against it.

"Aww shit!" I yelped, rubbing my head that was going red, not from the bang, but from embarrassment. I was never this clumsy, no, I was always the composed and in control one, but something about this girl made me jumpy.

She ran towards me and took my head in her hands. "Let me see. Are you hurt? It looks fine, but it might turn into a bump" she said while examining my head and giving me a very good look at her cleavage.

What was going on here? I never felt like this around anyone and staring at boobs? Completely not my thing.

"Thank you, anyway, I should be going. I'll call you." I awkwardly muttered, quickly getting up and walking cautiously out of her office, trying really hard not to embarrass myself again.

She smiled, "I hope so, I will be home around 7ish. Call me" she said,

It was only just 10:00 am, but I already got nervous that I had to call her, and I was certainly looking forward to it.

Yeah, I definitely hit my head harder than I thought.

:)))