23. Crossword

Rebecca Armstrong

Bird product. That's an egg. A river in Brazil? No clue, who would know that...

'Acari. Freen said, pointing at the empty slots where they were looking for the river in Brazil.

'Sorry?' I said, looking confused at Freen.

Like I said, who would know that?

'Acari. The river in Brazil. A. C. A . R. I.' she spelt, like it was common knowledge. I raised one eyebrow and threw her a confused look.

'I just know a lot of stupid facts.' she confessed, like it was a bad thing.

I grinned and stared at the next puzzle.

Just sitting together and making the crossword puzzle was strangely satisfying.

'I'm going to put on the rice, we can eat in about 15 minutes. If that's okay with you?' she asked, looking nervously around.

I smiled and nodded.

'Yes, sounds good, thanks.' I said, still trying to project my image of a confident and strong girl. I didn't want Freen to know about my insecurities and how much I liked her, probably way more than she liked me. But I would get her there, if I just played my cards right. Like wearing this blouse again.

I had noticed how Freen's eyes tried to peer through the fabric. It had given me the extra confidence boost to whisper seductively in her ear and do the 'sexy thing'.

Or at least it gave me enough confidence to try.

She came back out of the kitchen and sat down next to me; her arm casually slung over my shoulder. She mindlessly let her fingers walk over my upper arm, making a comfortable warmth slowly spread to the rest of my body.

'City in Germany, six letters, the third is an R, the fifth is I' I asked, looking back at the newspaper.

'Berlin.' she promptly answered, not missing a heartbeat. I filled in the blank spots, trying to conceal my surprise. Instead, I nodded along, like of course, I had known the answer myself too.

I hadn't.

'Sixth sense, abbreviation. Three letters, first one an E I continued, picking a difficult one.

'ESP' she immediately said, again without effort. I was fairly intelligent, and I knew that she was smart, but I didn't expect her to have such a broad knowledge. Maybe just coincidence. Let's try another.

'Dot on I. Six letters, first letter a T, second is I and third again a T'. I questioned, asking the ones I didn't know myself.

'Tittle?'

I looked at her, raised my eyebrow and gave her a puzzled look. How the hell did she know this much?

'Now you are just making things up' I snorted, shaking my head.

'Oh, I'm not. That really is the answer.' she whispered, kissing me gently in my neck, sending chills down my spine and making me totally forget about the crossword.

The newspaper and pen must have fallen on the ground, because when Freen pressed her body against mine, they were definitely gone.

'Hmm, you like it when I kiss you here?' she softly moaned against my skin while her fingers travelled to the hem of my shirt.

Slowly she let her fingers stroll over my lower back, barely touching me. I nodded, trying to control the shivers running through my body. She grinned and I felt her tongue slide up to the sweet spot right behind my ear where she started sucking on the soft flesh.

I closed my eyes, enjoying every second of it, but trying to pretend that it didn't affect me that much. At an unguarded moment, she suddenly planted her teeth right on the spot where she had been placing the hickey. A moan slipped out of my mouth, making her firmly dig her nails in my back and pulling me closer into her.

'It is so easy to get you flustered, BB.' she teased, her warm breath on my ear.

She connected our mouths and without hesitation, I moved my lips against hers.

Her tongue played with mine while she did some exploration in the insides of my mouth. Her hands travelled to my stomach and lifted up my shirt, exposing my belly.

Her lips left my mouth, and she gave short, tender kisses on my naked stomach.

Automatically I lifted my body up to get closer and every time her lips touched my skin, I let out a soft moan. Together her hands and lips made their way up, leaving a burning trail. When her lips almost reached my breasts, I knew I had to intervene, or I would take her here and now on this very couch.

I abruptly shot up. 'Isn't the rice ready?' I squeaked, saying the first thing that came to mind. She looked at her watch and let her hand travel through her hair.

'Eh...Yeah, you are probably right. I'll just, you know, go and check.' she said, pointing awkwardly in the direction of the kitchen.

I nodded and pulled my shirt down, covering up my stomach. Freen stood up and went to the kitchen, giving me some time to cool down and suppress the arousal spreading through my entire body. I took another big sip from my glass, trying to calm myself.

After dinner, we sat back in the couch and I swung my legs over her lap, like I always did. Somehow, it felt like the most natural thing in the world.

'Can I ask you something?'

Freen nodded, looking intensely at me with her bright, dark eyes. God, she was so beautiful. What did a woman like her see in someone as plain as me, anyway?

'Why are you so interested in me?' I dared asking, trying to get some answers. I don't know where I got the confidence from, but I just needed to know what made her ask me out over and over again. Freen smiled and pulled me onto her lap, maneuvering me in a straddling position.

'Why wouldn't I?' she muttered, letting her hands travel from my waist up to my shoulders.

'You are smart...Funny...Sweet...' she whispered, giving me short pecks after each adjective. She nibbled on my collarbone, waking up the butterflies. Not that they ever actually went to sleep when I was around her.

'Not to mention extremely gorgeous'

This comment made me pull away and I rolled my eyes.

'Yeah right.' I sarcastically snorted.

'I mean it. Why don't you guess what word I use in my head when I think about you.' Freen said, before hungrily attacking my lips and running her hands all over my body.

'The word I'm looking for is a synonym for gorgeous. Eight letters.' she breathed in between her hot kisses. Her hands had found their way down my ass and were making a kneading motion, right next to my core, just not touching. I gasped for air, not able to use my vocal cords.

'I'll just tell you. The word is stunning.' she smirked when I didn't give any answer.

In the meantime, she placed warm kisses down my neck. Her hands travelled closer to my core, almost touching it. Her mouth inched closer and closer to my breasts.

Her body pressed tightly against mine.

The connection I experienced was overwhelming and I felt myself slip into an unknown haze. A haze where everything disappeared except Freen and her talented fingers, moist lips, intoxicating scent, and desirable body.

Even though this hadn't been on my agenda, I was already beyond a point where I was able to stop myself. And quite frankly? I didn't want to.

Enjoy :P