7. Cold

Rebecca Armstrong

"What do you say we leave and have, let's say a drink at my place?" Freen proposed, after pulling out of the kiss and leaving me a little breathless. I cleared my throat and shook my head.

"No thank you, I'd rather not. I'm not a one-night girl" I said, speaking my mind. She was extremely hot, but I don't like putting out on the first date. It made me feel cheap and easy. Was I afraid I'd ruin my chance with her?

Of course, but if she was looking for a one-nightstand we weren't on the same page anyway. So, it would only mean I lost someone with no potential for something bigger. I was in a stage of my life where I wasn't deliberately looking for a fling. Life was short. I'd rather find someone to spend the next 80 years with. 

"Okay, so we go back and have more drinks here, but first." she said, pressing her lips again on mine. Softly exploring the inside of my mouth, leaving my whole-body tingling.

The night flew by, she kept on joking, turning guys down and all by all it went very well. I definitely wanted to see her again. When it was getting late and time to go, I was silently begging inside that she felt the same. It had been a while since I met someone who made me laugh like this and made me feel so content.

"Where is your car parked?" she asked, stepping outside, hugging herself when the cold air hit her. I pointed at my car, but since it was so dark it seemed like I pointed at nothing.

"I'll walk you to your car". she said, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers, I gladly let her. We walked silently to my car, breathing out clouds of cold air.

"That's me" I said, wishing I parked my car farther away. When I unlocked my car, ready to get in, she softly pressed me against my car.

The cold metal gave me shivers, but it was her warm body that gave me goosebumps. She gave me a short kiss. "Am I seeing you again?" 

I nodded, trying to keep myself calm, but inside I was jumping happily, "Sure, give me a call and we'll set another date".

She smiled and gave me another kiss. "I sure will. Talk to you tomorrow".