14. Someone from the Past

Freen Sarocha

I had brought up my parents, just to start the topic parents. It was a little white lie, because I was nowhere close to my parents. In fact, I had no clue where they were or if they were still alive even. By the age of fourteen, they had gone off on some spree and never came back. I had been on my own ever since. Okay, so it was a big lie. What was one other more, right?

I knew her dad died, so I thought I wouldn't feel too bad when she told me, but I was wrong. She looked so sad. Her story made me sick to my stomach. My boss had told me that her father died, but he didn't tell me that her mother had left.

She was an only child, so right now she probably felt more alone than anyone ever deserves to be. The look on her face reminded me of the girl I used to see in my mirror.

I felt so bad for having to do this mission, to try and obtain the information her father entrusted to her.

'Anyway, I don't want to talk about it right now. Can we do this later?' she said, breathing in deeply, trying to calm herself.

I nodded, letting the subject rest for now. I didn't want to push or scare her away. Hell no, I absolutely didn't want to do that.

"Sure, BB. Let's just finish up here and go for a walk?' I asked, trying to lighten the mood. She nodded and gave me a small smile. We continued eating in silence, not an uncomfortable silence, but a silence, nonetheless.

We were strolling through town, having some light conversation and looking at people walking by.

Suddenly I heard a voice scream my name.

I turned around to see a man approaching us fast.

'Freen? I can't believe it's you. Wow, what are you doing here? Last year you said you were moving to Thailand?' the guy said. I looked closely at him, recognizing him as one of my earlier missions. What was his name? Errr...Seng something. Yeah, that's it.

'Seng. Hi, I didn't expect to see you here.' I said, trying to keep my cool.

Shit. He was one of my first missions, more like a test ride. So, he was stationed pretty close to our home base. After my boss discovered I was pretty decent in doing what I did, 1 got levelled up which meant I was sent out more frequently. Because I was sent out more frequently, I couldn't go around in my own town seducing men and then dropping them like a brick. My town isn't small, but still, people are more connected than you would assume. And word travels fast. So I went to different places, seducing men all over the world. I made a point of never going back to the same city I had a mission in, but Seng lived in my hometown.

With Becky, we agreed that we didn't have any other choice left and we assumed I wouldn't run into Seng, given the fact that I hadn't run into him again over the past year.

Wrong.

'Wow, you look so good. Come, let me give you a hug.' Seng said, approaching me. I closed my eyes and felt his arms around me. I had to fight the urge to push him away. When he finally let go, I stepped back, grabbing Becky's hand. Seng's eyes followed my hand and I saw the confusion on his face.

'Who is your lady friend?' he asked, checking Becky out, resting his eyes on her cleavage. I felt myself getting sick to my stomach again, a hard ball forming deep inside my belly. I'm not sure what it was, but it wasn't jealousy. It couldn't be.

'This is Becky. My date. I said, one part of me not wanting him to ask questions, but another, stronger part wanted to let him know that she was taken.

His eyes widened and I braced myself. I knew that look. It wasn't the look Billy would have given me. Billy's eyes would look like they were trying to take my clothes off, to scan everything underneath.

But Seng's eyes looked at me in disgust.

"Your date? Her? When I met you, you were straight. What happened to you? You didn't ditch me for a dyke, did you?' he spat out, taking a step back himself.

I thought about his question, he was right, what happened?

'What happened? People change. I met Becky. I said, feeling ambushed by his question. For the first time since I started 'dating' Becky, I really felt gay. The kissing and taking her on dates were fun and spontaneous.

But having to defend what I had with her to the outside world, that made me realize what it meant to be openly gay.

'Right. he said icily cold, looking at his watch. 'Oh, time flies. Have to run, bye.

'Yeah, have a nice day.' I countered with the same tone. I was relieved he hadn't brought up my sudden leave out of town, but on the other hand, I felt my stomach clench with anger.

Who the hell was he that he thought he could judge me and my life?

'Nice friend you have there.' Becky said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes, snorting.

'Yeah, he is a real charmer all right.'

'Let's just walk.'

'Okay.'

We resumed our stroll, our hands still intertwined. After some time, I noticed we were standing in front of her office building.

'That's me. I'll call you later, okay?' she said, kissing me lightly on the cheek, starting to walk inside. I grabbed her waist, pulling her to me. I wanted to kiss her on the lips, but for some reason, she turned her head, so I just kissed her softly on her cheek. I felt how she relaxed in my arms, so I took my chances and pressed my lips on hers. She sighed, pressing herself into me. I nibbled slowly on her lower lip, rubbing my hands all over her lower back. She pulled away, giving me a last peck on the lips.

I'll call you.' she said, before disappearing into her building.

Sorry for including mushroom here, will update again tomorrow :))