37. Happy

Freen Sarocha

- 9 Years Later -

'I love you'

'I love you too, Brent.' I lovingly said, kissing him on his cheek. He grinned and gave me a kiss back on my forehead. I couldn't contain the big smile that stretched on my face and pulled him against my side. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a tight hug.

'What are we doing tonight?' Brent asked, looking at me with his beautiful dark eyes.

'What do you wanna do, honey?' I smiled, knowing that I wouldn't refuse anything he asked. I always wanted to make him happy.

'We could go to the lake?' he proposed, a cheeky grin on his face. I nodded in agreement. I liked going to the lake, take a swim.

"That's alright, honey. I could use a good swim.' I said, thinking about where I left my swimsuit.

'Can we go now?' Brent asked, his eyes twinkling with mischief and joy. I laughed and nodded my head again. He loved swimming and it kept me in shape, so I didn't mind.

'I'll make us some snacks for afterwards.' I smiled, making Brent's smile even bigger.

'Yes, please' he grinned; his voice filled with excitement.

'You go find your swimming suit, mister.' I ordered playfully. He grinned and we both walked into our house. He went to the bedroom, and I walked into the kitchen to make us some quick snacks.

'I can't find them!' he yelled from the room, making me roll my eyes. He was always so disorganised and dumped his stuff wherever he came first. Sloppy boy.

'First drawer!' I shouted back, while preparing a couple of sandwiches and some toasties. I grabbed a bag of chips and some drinks and threw them all in a bag.

'Found them' Brent shouted and I could hear his rapid footsteps on the stair when he ran back in the kitchen.

'Hold on a second, honey, I need to get my swimsuit and then we'll leave.' I said, kissing him on his cheek. He chuckled and sat down at the table, patiently waiting for me to gather up my stuff.

'Let's go.' I cheered and we enthusiastically ran towards the car. I started the car and we drove towards the lake, enjoying the sunny weather and the chirping birds.

When we arrived we both jumped out of the car and sprinted towards the changing cabins. We quickly changed into our swimming suits and dropped our stuff back into the car. Brent as usual just throwing his clothes over the backseat while I neatly folded mine and carefully placed them on the driver's seat.

'Race you to the water?' I proposed, poking him in his ribs. He snorted and immediately ran towards the water. I gave him a tiny head start and then sprinted after him. He reached the water first and smugly waved in triumph.

'You are getting slow.' he teased and splattered water in my direction. I grinned and splashed handfuls of water back.

We swim and dive in the water for hours, ate the snacks I made and then drove back home.

'Grrr..' I growled when another car was blocking me out of the driveway.

'Stupid, stupid. Always. Grrrr.' I cursed and parked my car on the sidewalk. Brent and I walked into the house and were greeted by a delicious smell that I recognized as hamburgers. That kind of made up for the car.