33. Bittersweet

Freen Sarocha

To say that I was surprised, was the least that I could say. I never expected that she would kiss me ever again. Even when she had bowed down over me, her lips slightly touching, I expected her to pull away at the last minute. But no, she firmly pressed her lips on mine, making me release my long-held breath.

For a moment we shared. We shared a breath, a space, a moment of our time. But of course, it didn't last. As quickly as she had connected our beings, she disconnected them.

I let out a sigh, breathing out the last of our shared air.

'What now?' I asked, afraid of what was going to follow, but I knew that one of us had to ask.

Becky shrugged, not in an " I don't know" way, but more in a "Let's forget what is bound to happen" way.

And we both knew what was bound to happen. Although I had buried it deep, deep down, it was inevitable.

'Wanna forget about the past and the future and just focus on the now?' I whispered, holding her hand to make sure she didn't vanish into thin air.

'Hmm-mm. Just for a moment though.' Becky breathed, making the hairs on my neck stand up.

'A moment is all I need.' I muttered and pulled her slowly back to me, giving her a chance to resist, but she didn't.

I brought my mouth up to hers and pressed my lips gently on her lips.

We let our lips and tongue move in sync and enjoyed the tingling sensation that started from our mouths and quickly spread throughout the rest of our body.

'Hmm.' she moaned, sending chills, along with tingles, down my spine. I placed my hands on the outside of her thighs and ran them up and down. I could feel the goosebumps on her outer legs, but in between and higher up there was just soft, soft skin. I let my fingers travel up, but on the last minute decided against it and placed them on her lower back. She groaned and sat suddenly down on my lap, bringing her body impossibly closer. I also groaned and started to pull her body even closer into me. We kept kissing, our limbs intertwining and our bodies moving together as one.

We connected.

We connected in every way possible for separate human beings to connect to each other. A once in a lifetime connection.

But all good things have to come to an end. And so did this one.

"That was the now. Can we think about the future for a moment?' Becky mumbled after she had pulled out of the kiss.

I nodded, almost regretfully. We had reached a point where I wished time could stand still. A moment that I could relive for the rest of my life. A moment with no regard for the past or future. But it was just that, a moment.

'Yeah, we probably should' I swallowed, going back to my previous nervous state.

Becky slowly nodded, but instead of saying something, she rubbed her nose against mine, making all my thoughts disappear.

'If we want to talk about it, we should create some distance or else I won't be able to use my mind properly' I whispered truthfully but hating the idea of creating a distance.

'Yeah, you are right.' Becky agreed while standing up. She sat back down in her chair, and I winced from the lack of her warmth. We both sat in our own chairs, both feeling a bit lost. Again, we sat in silence, but this time it was rather comfortable than awkward.

'You want to know how I feel?' she suddenly asked, snapping me out of my own thoughts.

'Yes.' I simply answered, although I had a feeling, she would tell me either way, whatever my answer.