8. Coffee

Freen Sarocha

Hello.

No, too boring.

HI.

Yeah, let's try grammar from a teenager.

Good morning.

Good morning was nice.

Good morning. Want to get some coffee?

Great, that was really original. Maybe she loved ordinary women. Fantastic.

Good morning. Want to meet up so you I can introduce my friend? His name is coffee addiction.

That was another winner, let's immediately start about my addiction. No, that wasn't gonna go down very well.

Good morning. It's a lovely day, want to meet up and grab a coffee?

Let's talk about the weather because that was so interesting. Jesus, it shouldn't be so hard to send a text message.

-Good morning. Want to meet up and perhaps grab a cup of coffee-

Sent. That would have to do, I mean, I wasn't a teenager. Sending a text wasn't that important. I was just asking if she wanted to have coffee. I was gonna have coffee, she probably was gonna have coffee. No harm in getting coffee together. Well, unless, what if she didn't drink coffee. Maybe she didn't like coffee. Maybe she even hated coffee. Why did I ask for coffee? I should have asked for a drink, or a walk, or breakfast. Maybe someone close to her was a terrible coffee addict and she chose to never drink coffee again. Oh shit. What now?

My thoughts were interrupted by two short beeps.

-Sure. Meet me at 9 at Diana's House. -

Whew, she drank coffee. I let out a big breath and felt the stress in my stomach disappear. 9 0'clock. I looked at my microwave. 8.37 am. Shit, I hadn't showered or anything. I ran to my bathroom, stripping in the process, trying to gain some valuable seconds.

I arrived at Diana's House. The clock read 8:56 am. Made it. Good, I didn't want to screw this up. I mean, it was a very important mission. My boss wouldn't have sent the best if it wasn't. Just a mission. That was why I was worrying so much. Not because I liked her, she was a woman, and she was my target. Falling for her? Not an option. Not gonna happen.

I chose a spot close to the window, so she'd find me easily. And she did, she even gave me a little wave before entering, damn, she looked good. That dress clung to every curve, and I would love to wrap my arm around her waist.

I mean, her dress looked very nice. It went well with her hair. There, better and more appropriate compliment.

She took off her blazer, gave me a kiss on the cheek and asked what kind of coffee I wanted.

"Just a regular black coffee, please" I said, feeling boring. Who drank their coffee just black? Lately, everybody seemed to be into that fancy, soy latte, skimmed milk stuff.

She smiled. "Okay, be right back."

And she was, within the minute, she was walking back to our table, and she sat herself down on the opposite side of me. There went my chance of pulling her close to me. Oh well, there were gonna be enough opportunities like that. I hoped.

She blew softly on her coffee, cooling it down before she took a couple of tiny sips. I relaxed a little when I saw that her coffee was also a regular black one. At least she wouldn't think it was boring. I smiled. Relax. Billy didn't even get her phone number. She already agreed to meet up with me twice. This was going well.