Chapter 19: Meeting Micheal

“Okay.” Grace stuttered and emerged out of her hiding place.

When Susanne saw Grace, she ended the call and slotted her phone into her glittering hand purse. Once the sisters met, they hugged. Grace had pity in her eyes.

“Thanks so much, Grace.” Susanne wiped out her lingering tears as she softly chuckled through them. “I knew you wouldn’t leave me. You’re my only hope now. But before we go, we need to exchange clothes.”

“What? Why?” Grace blinked twice.

“Yes, you need to look exactly like me.”

“Are you serious? I’m fine like this!”

Susanne checked her pause vividly. “Thank God, I took some makeup with me. Ill give you my phone too, just in case. Let’s go to my car.” Susanne grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the parking lot where she packed her jeep.

They drove into the streets and suddenly pulled over.

Looking at her image through the visor, Grace adjusted the velvet red lipstick she had on.

“Isn’t this too red?” She asked Susanne as she muttered innocently. “I look better without makeup.”

“If you don’t wear makeup like me, they’ll find out. Susanne gave her a warnings glare. As long as you put on makeup, especially with this red lipstick, no one will find out that were two different people.”

Susanne hands over her pause. “Again, I need to warn you. Don’t speak too much. Just answer in one or two sentences and walk away. Don’t tell them anything I told you. Don’t tell them anything, just listen. Here’s my phone.” Susanne handed her phone over to Grace. “I unlocked the password so you can use it better.” Grace scrolled through her gallery and saw a pretty girl’s picture.

“Who’s this?”

“That’s Crystabelle Balogun, but we call her Cryst. She’s Micheal’s rude sister. So you know, she’s a graduate but acts like a toddler. Just avoid Cryst as much as you can because she’s a troublemaker and a blab mouth. You only need to convince Michael for now. After the test, we’ll meet at a coffee shop behind the hospital.”

“Won’t your husband pick me up after the test?”

“Micheal doesn’t permit anyone, not even his sister, to enter his car. He’s too busy to tag me around so, I’m sure he’ll leave after Aunty Funke’s test.”

With a frown, the phone slipped from Grace's grip like a slippery soap.

“Susanne, what are you not telling your husband and me?”

Susanne turned with a painful, yet swollen expression.

“Even as your twin, it will piss me off if this prank was for an evil intent.”

“It’s not for an evil deed, I promise, so let’s just stick to the plan.” Susanne answered and gave her a small smile. “Come, let’s go. Micheal would be here at any moment.”

Susanne and Grace climbed out of the jeep and walked into a coffee shop across the street. It looked like a restaurant, but they only served coffee and herbal tea. Grace hurried up to Susanne as they stepped into the bathroom to change. After changing, Grace walked out and stood by the gates of the Crystal hospital, where Aunty Funke worked, when a text entered. Susanne saved his contact with Darling.

‘Reply to my message, please.’ Grace read on the phone.

Please, don’t go wrong. I know God is on our side. Susanne made a silent prayer while watching Grace.