Self Concious

You stepped out onto the beach, your feet sinking into the sand slightly. Niall slipped his arm around your waist and smiled gently, pressing a light kiss to your temple before he continued walking. You clutched the towel tighter around you as you followed him, unable to shake the self-conscious thoughts you had over yourself in a bikini.

Niall seemed to notice, placing his backpack down and his rolled up towel, looking over at you with a frown, "What's wrong babe?"

In response, you shook your head, keeping a tight grip on the towel as you attempted to think of some ways to avoid having to go into the water at all. You didn't want to be seen by wandering eyes, or any paparazzi lurking around. You knew what they could say in those magazines.

Niall raised his brow, moving a little closer, "Seriously babe, what's wrong?"

This time you shrugged before speaking softly, "I feel a little tired, maybe I won't go in the water or anything."

With a sigh, Niall took your hands and sat you down, which made it pretty hard for you to keep your towel up. He noticed you reach up to grip for it before he shook his head.

"Babe..." He started, to which you quickly interrupted.

"I just don't want any paparazzi taking photos so the fans can make fun of me."

Niall shook his head, taking your hands, "Y/N, I promise you. You look gorgeous in a bikini."

Although his words were nice to hear, you couldn't really believe it yourself. And even if you were the world's thinnest model, the fans would still find something to say that would leave you feeling down. Really, you couldn't win. Unless you and Niall weren't together anymore.

You hated that you were targeted, and you hated that their comments affected you so deeply. But there wasn't much you could do about that. And there was no way that you would be leaving Niall just because of what a bunch of idiotic, jealous fans thought.

In a moment of bravery, you dropped your towel, standing up and brushing the sand from the back of your thighs. You had been working out all summer, and you wanted to show it off. Plus, Niall liked your body – and that was all you cared about.

Niall grinned as he stood up with you, pressing a gentle kiss to you lips before he took your hand and pulled you over to the water. It was the perfect temperature, not too cold but only just warmed by the sun. Niall chuckled and pulled you in further, wrapping his arms around you as he stood behind you.

"I've really missed you Y/N." He murmured, pressing a kiss to the back of your head, "I'm gonna make sure you can come on the next tour with us."

You smiled, lacing your fingers with Niall's as they lay over your stomach, before giving his hands a squeeze.

"That'd be perfect Ni." You said gentle, watching a few kids sprinting around on the sand. Niall turned you around, before turning around himself and bending his knees slightly.

"Hop on." He chuckled before you jumped up on his back and he piggy-backed you out further. Once the water was just above your chests, he let you down, brushing a hand through your hair.

"Love you." He whispered, swiping his thumb over your lip and kissing you. He pulled back and laughed, pulling a face, "Eh that was salty."