Surprise?

"Fuck." You were awoken by a familiar voice swearing followed by the smoke alarm going off. You sat up and looked over to the clock. Only 8 am, you thought,great. You climbed out of bed and stumbled down the stairs to see Niall standing on top of a chair, fanning the smoke alarm to stop it. You couldn't even hide your smile when you saw this. "Do you want any help, babe?"

Niall jumped, practically falling off the chair, when he heard you. "Y/n?!" He said, stepping off the chair when the smoke alarm finally shut off. "You aren't supposed to be awake you! I was supposed to surprise you." Niall groaned, turning around to throw out the burnt 'food' in the frying pan on the stove.

"How was I going to sleep through a fire alarm, Ni?"

"Oh, yeah. Well, how about you just go back up stairs and wait for me in bed. I've been up for 3 hours now trying to make this perfect birthday breakfast for you." He paused to crack two new eggs in the frying pan. "Oh, and act surprised when I, eventually, get there."

You laughed but climbed back up the stairs. You settled back down in bed and waited for Niall to make an appearance.

It wasn't until about 30 minutes later that Niall showed up, struggling to carry pancakes and orange juice to you without spilling or dropping either of them. "I think this is pretty much the only thing that I can make and I also believe that they may actually be edible..."

"Wow," You said jokingly as he placed them in front of you. "That's very reassuring."

"Oh, shut up and eat. I have a terrible long day planned for us, followed by an extremely long night," He said, making sure to add on a wink at the end to make sure that you knew what he was implying. "So, you need to hurry your cute little butt up and we'll be able to start our day."

You giggled a bit as you bit into your breakfast, it was a bit too burnt but you wouldn't dare tell that to Niall seeing as how proud he was that he had successfully (or at least in his mind) made you breakfast.

He then began to ramble on and on about his plans for today which seemed to be practically endless.

"Niall, shh," You said, pushing your hand against his mouth so that he would actually shut up. "You need to relax, Ni. It may be my birthday but we don't have to go all out for it. I'd much rather stay here with you."

"But I planned this out for months..."

You sighed and ruffled his hair. "I mean, I'd be happy with anything but it's amazing that you went out of your way to do this for me and I want to thank you for that."

"Only the best for my sweetheart." Niall said, leaning down and pressing his lips against yours.