The Paparazzi Touch You

As soon as the news of your engagement broke, you were being followed everywhere. Normally, you would've been able to go to the grocery or the Starbucks down the road without having a mob of fans and/or paparazzi following you, but now the glittering diamond on your finger was acting as a beacon to them all any time you stepped out of the house. You'd left Niall at home since he was recovering from his knee surgery and you'd wanted some dinner. Taking the shortcut through an alley between your house and the tiny restaurant had seemed like a good plan on the way there, but while you were waiting for the food, night fell, only illuminated by a few flashes of the paps that were for some reason following you. You ignored them as you left, and you thought that cutting through the alley once again would stop them from following you. When the shadow in front of you moved and stepped out with a bright flash, temporarily blinding you, you stumbled backwards and they quickly moved to steady you. You swatted them away, dodging around them, but once again the guy grabbed your arm. "C'mon, Y/N. Just a couple pictures. We all just wanna see that lovely ring Horan's given you." You ripped your arm from his grip, leaving him with the image of your middle finger as you hurried home to your boyfriend, talking him down from hobbling after the awful pap that left your wrist bruised.