Chapter 6

~Why not listen to music while you read?~

"You're after my father?! Why?!" Yukimura bursts with worry.

Her father is missing? That must be really hard for her, I think to myself.

"Oh no, you've got us all wrong. We're not, uh after him." says Okita with a slight comforting tone.\ which makes Yukimura relax.

"Oh...I see."

"He's a fellow supporter of the shogun, but...Well, he kind of disappeared a little while ago."

"There is a reasonable chance that the enemies of the shogun have identified him as a threat." Saito adds on.

Yukimura's eyes widen with shock after learning the situation of her father's disappearance.

"There is also a chance, of course, that he is still alive. Doctors trained in western medicine are valuable and rare."

"But with you, we have a much better chance of finding the good doctor." Sanan smiles while comforting her. "You are his daughter, however. You ought to be able to recognize him no matter how ha may have disguised himself, yes?"

"...Yes, I could." she replies.

"Well, if she is his daughter, we can't really kill her, can we..." Hijikata says.

She has become useful to them but I am still useless weight that will only slow them down. Will they kill me but keep her? I feel like crying so much right now but I bite my lip hoping my tears will not fall.

"If you swear you'll forget about what you saw last night, then we'll look after you until you can find your father. Fair?"

They are going to kill me for sure. I will never go back to my world again. I won't be able to see my friend again.

"What about her then?" asks Okita.

"That's right. Do you have a place to stay miss Suzumori?" Kondou asks nicely.

I shake me head while looking down. The tears will really start to come out if I stay here any longer. "No... I do not."

"Ah, that's right. You aren't from this time period." Kondou says sadly. "Hey Toshi, can't we let her stay too?"

"The Shinsengumi does not keep women in distress in our compound, Kondou." Hijikata sighs.

My heart sank. I was either going to be killed or sent out of here and fend for myself.

"But, I think we should keep her here. The information will be safe with both of them here."

Kondou smiled after hearing Hijikatas words and to be honest, I was too. Sure it was for safety reasons but Hijikata isn't a demon as much they say he was.

"You must be pretty glad we won't be killing you, huh? Well, won't be killing you just now at any rate." He said while giving us the same wolfish grin.

"Yes, I am very glad." Yukimura responds. I nod slightly to show my agreement. Okita scares me the most in this group. Why wasn't he called the demon?

"Should you require anything, you need only ask. We will do what we can to accommodate you." Saito says in his usual monotone sound.

"Thank you" Yukimura and I say in unison.

"We can't treat them as one of our soldiers however. Something must be done with them." Sanan says.

"Why don't we make them pages or something. You want an assistant, Kondou? How about you Sanan?" Hijikata asks.

"Oh come on now Hijikata. It's your idea, you can't just pawn them off to someone else." Okita say with that grin of his.

"Ah excellent! I believe we can trust Toshi with them!" Kondou says happily in agreement.

"Well, there you have it, Hijkata. I hope you take good care of them." Sana agrees in the same manner.

"I don't even need one...I definitely do not need two" Hijikata mutters to himself.