Love?

12.09.1931

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

As Taehyung stepped through the door of his house after his meeting with Jungkook, he felt a whirlwind of conflicting emotions swirling within him.

On one hand, he couldn't deny the warmth and connection he felt with Jungkook, the way his heart seemed to beat faster in his presence.

But on the other hand, he was filled with fear and uncertainty about what these feelings meant.

Being gay wasn't just taboo in the 1930s, it was also considered a crime.

Taehyung was aware of the risks involved if anyone were to discover his true feelings, and the thought sent a shiver down his spine.

He couldn't bear the idea of being shunned by society, or worse, facing legal consequences simply for loving who he loved.

"But is this feeling love?" Taehyung asked himself. He never felt like that. Never felt his heart beating like that.

Lost in thought, Taehyung barely noticed the presence of his fiancée Jieun as she greeted him at the door. Her voice brought him back to reality, and he forced a smile, hoping to conceal the turmoil raging within him.

"Hey, Tae. How was your day?" Jieun asked with concern, studying his face.
Like usual a cold expression on her face.

Taehyung hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say. He couldn't bring himself to tell her about his encounter with Jungkook, about feeling a spark of something he hadn't felt in a long time. Instead, he opted for a simple "It was okay" and walked past her toward the living room.

But Jieun wasn't ready to let him off the hook so easily. She followed him into the room, her expression growing more serious as she spoke.

"You seem distant, Tae. Is everything okay?" she asked with a gentle yet probing Töne that seemed uncommon for her.

Taehyung sighed, his frustration evident as he ran a hand through his hair. How could he explain to Jieun the turmoil he was feeling, the conflicting desires warring within him? How could he tell her that he wasn't sure if he could go through with their marriage, knowing that his heart belonged to someone else?

"I'm just tired, Jieun," Taehyung replied, avoiding her gaze. "It's been a long day."

But Jieun wasn't satisfied with his answer. She stepped closer to him, reaching out to gently touch his arm.

"Talk to me, Tae. Please," she pleaded, her eyes searching his for answers. What? She was interested in his feelings. Since when?

Taehyung felt a lump forming in his throat as he searched for words to express the turmoil inside him. How could he tell Jieun the truth, knowing it would break her heart? But how long could he continue living a lie, pretending to be someone he wasn't? And is Jieuns Love real? The cold Words, the distant body language. Is this love?

Finally, he met Jieun's gaze, his voice barely more than a whisper as he spoke.

"I don't know what I'm feeling, Jieun," he admitted, his voice trembling with emotion. "But I know something has changed, and I'm not sure how to deal with it."

Jieun's expression softened, and she reached out to cup his face in her hands. Her touch was gentle and reassuring.

"We'll figure it out together, Tae," she said softly, her eyes filling with love and understanding. "Whatever it is, whatever you're going through, I'm here for you. Always."

Taehyung smiled. Jieun was a good liar.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

•*:。✩