I can't love you

04.10.1931
✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

The air in Taehyung's apartment felt heavy with tension as he stood facing his fiancée, Jieun. Her eyes were red-rimmed with anger and tears, and her hands trembled with emotion as she clutched onto a small leather-bound book - Taehyung's diary.

"How could you, Taehyung? How could you hide this from me?" Jieun's voice was laced with fury as she waved the diary in front of him.

Taehyung's heart sank as he realized what she must have discovered. He had never intended for her to find out about his feelings for Jungkook, his deepest desires and fears laid bare on the pages of his diary. But now there was no denying it - Jieun knew everything.

"I...I'm sorry, Jieun. I never meant to hurt you," Taehyung stammered, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Hurt me?" Jieun's laughter was bitter and hollow. "You've done more than just hurt me, Taehyung. You've betrayed me. You've betrayed our relationship, our trust, everything we've built together."

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he reached out for Jieun, desperate to explain, to make things right. But she recoiled from his touch, her expression hardening with anger.

"Don't touch me," she spat, her voice venomous. "Do you realize what you've done? You've signed your own death warrant, Taehyung. You think you can just throw away everything we have for some fleeting infatuation? You're delusional."

Taehyung's heart shattered at her words, the weight of her accusations crushing him under their weight. He had never wanted to hurt Jieun, never wanted to cause her pain. Even if their love wasn't real. But now he saw the truth of his actions laid bare before him, and it filled him with a sense of overwhelming guilt and regret.

"I...I love you, Jieun. Please, you have to believe me," Taehyung pleaded, his voice choked with Emotion. Lies.

But Jieun shook her head, her eyes filled with a mix of anger and sorrow. "Love? Is that what you call this, Taehyung? This isn't love. This is selfishness. This is betrayal. And I won't stand for it any longer."

With a final, heartbreaking sob, Jieun turned away from Taehyung, her shoulders shaking with the weight of her grief. "I can't do this anymore, Taehyung. I can't be with someone who doesn't love me back. Someone who would rather die than be with me."

And with those words, Jieun walked out of Taehyung's life, leaving him standing alone in the wreckage of their shattered relationship. Tears streamed down his face as he sank to his knees, the weight of his guilt and despair crushing him under its unbearable weight.

He had lost everything - his fiancée, his future, his sense of self. And all he had left was the haunting echo of Jieun's parting words, a painful reminder of the choices he had made and the consequences he now faced.

But Jieun was right.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

•*:。✩