The words I wanted to tell

10.04.1932

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

As the evening approached, they sat down for dinner. Jungkook's parents chose to remain silent, confused by their son's reaction.

He had always expressed the desire to marry a pretty girl. Rosé would be perfect for him... And this Taehyung was also behaving strangely. He should be happy for his best friend. Right?

After they finished eating, Jungkook suddenly stood up. "Mom, Dad. I need to talk to you for a moment." the brown haired man said quietly.

Taehyung cleared the table, aware of Jungkook's parents' suspicious glances while they followed Jungkook.

Jungkook closed the door behind him and took a deep breath. "I don't want to marry Rosé," he choked out.

His parents looked at him, surprised and bewildered. "Jungkook, I know this is sudden, but..." his mother tried to interject.

"No," Jungkook interrupted. "I don't want to and I won't marry her."

Now his father spoke up. "Son, be reasonable. She comes from a wealthy family. And she's beautiful, very beautiful indeed!"

Jungkook took a sharp breath. "That doesn't change anything, Father. I don't want to." His mother looked worriedly at the two men in the room. The tension between them could escalate at any moment. So she tried to defuse the situation. "Jungkook, honey, if you don't want to marry Rosé, we can find another woman for you. There are surely hundreds of girls who would love to marry you."

Another woman. The words echoed in Jungkook's head. The thought that was once his greatest dream a year ago was now his worst nightmare. He just didn't want to. He couldn't.

But he couldn't utter a word and just shook his head. "No," he said softly. But as always, it was futile.

His father's face now turned red. "Jeon Jungkook. As your father, I have the right to tell you to get married," he growled at him. His mother just looked around worriedly. "We only want what's best for you, Jungkook," she whispered almost.

In that moment, Jungkook felt something break inside him. Anger replaced the fear and caution that was there before. "You don't know a damn thing about what's best for me," he shouted at them.

His mother flinched. "How dare you speak to your parents like that?" his father roared back. "Why don't you understand? I'm not going to marry her." "What's your damn problem?

In this pivotal moment, Jungkook felt a wave of emotions crashing over him as he stood before his parents, ready to confess something that would forever alter his life. The air in the room seemed heavy and tense, as if the world around him held its breath, waiting to witness the outcome of this confrontation.

His heart pounded wildly against his chest, and a knot of fear and uncertainty formed in his stomach. Yet despite all his fears, Jungkook knew that he had to speak the truth, that he could no longer remain silent in the shadows.

"I... I'm gay," he finally burst out, the words a confession that pierced his soul and yet was so difficult to utter. The silence that followed his revelation was deafening, and he could hear the pounding of his own pulse in his ears, louder than ever before.

His parents' eyes widened in shock, and for a moment, it seemed they couldn't comprehend his words.

Jungkook's father's face flushed with anger, his fists clenched at his sides. "How dare you speak to us like this?" he growled, his voice trembling with rage. "You will marry Lady Rosé, and that's final!" He acted as if Jungkook hadn't just said anything.

"I'm gay. I like man." He said again.

Jungkook stood his ground, his own anger burning bright within him. " And no, Dad," he said firmly. "I will marry neither her nor anyone else. I refuse to live a lie just to meet your expectations."

His parents looked at each other as if they didn't understand him.

His mother stepped forward, her face twisted with pain. "Jungkook, please," she pleaded, her voice quivering with emotion. "Think about what you're saying. This is your future we're talking about."

But Jungkook was resolute. "My future is mine," he said calmly, despite the turmoil in his heart. "And I choose to live authentically, as myself."

His parents exchanged a worried glance, and their faces reflected a mix of shock, disbelief, and disappointment. They could never have imagined their son defying them like this.

For a moment, the air was heavy with tension, and the weight of their words hung between them like a thundercloud on the verge of bursting.

Tears filled his mother's eyes as she reached out to him, her voice choked with emotion. "Jungkook, please," she begged, her hands trembling as she reached for him. "Don't do this. We love you and only want what's best for you"

"Fuck your best, Mom. I hate your best." Jungkook shouted.

Suddenly, Jungkook felt a burning pain on his cheek. His father had slapped him. A silent tear ran down his cheek.

"So," his father's voice resembled that of a threatening beast. "First, you want to tell us you're homosexual. Jungkook, that's an illness. "You're not sick, son. My Boy is completely healthy." ."

Jungkook's emotions completely took over now. "It's not an illness. It's who I am, damn it. I can and will never love a woman."

It seemed as if Jungkook's parents had just grasped the situation. His mother's previously concerned expression turned into one of disgust.

"If that's what you are... Who are you? What have you done to my son?" she gasped.

The words hurt Jungkook much more than he had anticipated.

Then Jungkook's father spoke, his voice strained with emotion. "You have brought shame upon our family," he said, his words filled with accusation. "I cannot condone... this abomination."

Jungkook felt a pang of pain at his father's words, but he refused to back down. "I will not apologize for who I am," he said defiantly. "And I will not be ashamed of myself for anyone."

"Sorry, Mom," he whispered, his voice barely more than a whisper. "But I can't change who I am. And I won't pretend to be someone I'm not just to make you happy."

His mother just looked at him incredulously, ignoring his apology. A few seconds later, which felt like an eternity, his parents left the room. A few moments later, Jungkook also heard the front door close.

Then he collapsed, hands covering his face to catch the tears he had been holding back for so long.

He had just destroyed the little paradise he had created with Taehyung. Their love had always been like a fragile house of cards. Unstable, and destined to collapse. Yet they had built it together. It had held.

But Jungkook had just pulled out the bottom card with his words.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

•*:。✩

My favorite chap so far hehe :)