Why?

23.04.1932

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

In the apartment, there was a suffocating silence as Taehyung anxiously awaited Jungkook's return. Each passing second felt like an eternity, every tick of the clock echoing in the hollow chambers of his mind. Burning concern clawed at his insides, twisting and turning like an unrelenting storm as he paced back and forth in the confined space.

With every step, Taehyung's heart pounded louder in his chest, and an unyielding drumbeat of fear echoed through his veins. Images of Jungkook, battered and broken, flashed before his eyes, tormenting him with their vividness. He tried to shake them off, to dispel the paralyzing fear that threatened to consume him entirely, but it clung to him like a suffocating shroud, refusing to loosen its grip.

A struggle between fear and hope played out within Taehyung as he waited for Jungkook's return. Every passing second felt like an eternity, and Taehyung could barely keep his nerves in check. But no matter what had happened, no matter what truth lay behind Jungkook's disappearance, Taehyung was determined to find him and bring him safely home.

Just as Taehyung's resolve wavered, a sharp, piercing ring broke the oppressive silence, jolting him out of his spiral of thoughts. His heart raced as he stumbled to the door, his hands trembling as he fumbled with the handle. With trembling breath, he opened it, only to be greeted by the tear-streaked faces of Annie and Amelié, their expressions heavy with sorrow. Taehyung was surprised to see the two friends. Of course, Jungkook and he often visited them. But they had never been to their home before.

Amelié's trembling voice filled the room with a sense of foreboding as she recounted the events of that fateful evening, her words heavy with grief and disbelief. "We saw him, Taehyung," she began, her voice barely more than a whisper as tears welled in her eyes. "Jungkook... He was attacked... by two men."

Every syllable hung like a heavy weight in the air, sending a shiver down Taehyung's spine as he listened, his heart pounding with fear. Annie's hand reached out to grip his tightly, offering as much comfort as possible.

"They... they shouted terrible things," Annie added, her voice quivering with emotion. "They... they called him Taehyung. Horrible names."

The blood ran cold in Taehyung's veins at the thought of Jungkook, his sweet, gentle Jungkook, subjected to such cruelty. His mind recoiled from the images threatening to overwhelm him, and the sound of Jungkook's laughter faded into the background amidst this senseless violence, a distant memory.

"They... they dragged him away, Taehyung," Amelié continued, her voice breaking with emotion.

The words hit Taehyung like a physical blow, leaving him reeling in disbelief. Jungkook, his beloved Jungkook, torn from him in an instant by the merciless hands of fate. The room seemed to spin around him as he struggled to grasp the enormity of what had occurred, his mind racing with a million terrifying possibilities.

"Taehyung... We know what you guys do isn't legal. But you're such amazing, wonderful people. You don't deserve this," Annie whispered.

A choked sob escaped Taehyung's lips as he buried his face in his hands, the weight of his sorrow crushing him like a vice. The world around him dissolved into a fog of pain and fear, his heart aching with a longing so deep it threatened to engulf him entirely.

Their words overwhelmed him in a haze of sorrow and fear, each syllable a dagger in his heart. Jungkook, his beloved Jungkook, attacked, abducted... snatched away from him in the cruelest twist of fate. The walls of Taehyung's reality crumbled around him, leaving him stranded in a sea of despair, his heart throbbing with a pain unlike any he had ever known.

"No... This can't be happening..." Taehyung's voice broke into a choked sob, his chest heaving under the weight of his sorrow. The world around him seemed to blur as he grappled with the enormity of the tragedy that had befallen them. Jungkook, his light in the darkness, stolen from him in the blink of an eye, leaving behind nothing but a void of emptiness and despair.

"Please... My husband has good contacts with... the police. Maybe they know something. Don't give up. You can do this, Taehyung!"

Taehyung nodded resignedly.

Yet amidst the chaos of his shattered world, one thought burned bright and fierce in Taehyung's mind: He would find Jungkook. Whatever it took, whatever obstacles stood in his way, he would not hesitate to bring him back home, back to the safety and warmth of his arms.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

•*:。✩