Time's Out

10.04.1931

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

When the day of Jungkook's parents' visit arrived, Taehyung and Jungkook prepared for the charade they intended to perform. They meticulously planned every detail of their performance and rehearsed their lines and gestures to perfection.

However, no matter how well-prepared they were, they couldn't suppress the discomfort gnawing at their hearts.

As Jungkook's parents arrived, Taehyung greeted them with a warm smile, masking the turmoil brewing within him. He watched as Jungkook embraced his mother, a knot forming in his stomach at the sight of the strained smile on her face.

"Welcome, Mrs. Jeon, Mr. Jeon," Taehyung said with a calm voice, despite the nervous fluttering in his chest. "It's nice to meet you . I'm Kim Taehyung, Jungkooks roommate"

Jungkook's mother returned the greeting with a polite nod, her gaze scanning Taehyung with a scrutinizing look. "Nice to meet you too, Taehyung." Taehyung fought the urge to flinch under her scrutiny, forcing himself to maintain a semblance of ease.

Jungkooks father simply looked down on Taehyung. He couldn't guess what he was thinking.

As they settled into the living room, tension hung heavy in the air, thickening with each passing moment. Jungkook's mother glanced around the apartment, her gaze lingering on the photographs adorning the walls.

The photos depicted Taehyung and Jungkook sharing their happiest moments. In one picture, Jungkook was seen holding a bouquet of roses. In another, Taehyung was smiling, covered in flour, while playfully trying to snatch Jungkook's camera. A pang shot through Jungkook's heart. He should have taken them down

"So, Jungkook," she began in a casual yet curious tone, "tell me about your roommate. It's unusual for a young man like you to live with another man. I guess Taehyung's already engaged? "

Jungkook felt a bead of sweat form on his forehead as he tried to formulate a response. "Oh, Taehyung? He's my best friend," he replied, forcing a casual tone. "We've known each other for years, so it made sense for us to share an apartment."

"And I'm not engaged. I'm still searching," Taehyung continued with a forced smile.

His mother's eyebrows raised skeptically, her eyes narrowing slightly. "Best friend, hm?" she murmured, her gaze flickering between Taehyung and Jungkook. "Well, if you say so."

Jungkook's father remained silent, his expression inscrutable as he observed the exchange. Taehyung felt the weight of his gaze, a silent judgment hanging in the air.

Suddenly, Jungkook's father cleared his throat, drawing all eyes to him. "Jungkook, there's something important we need to discuss," he said with a serious tone.

Jungkook's heart sank as he braced himself for what was to come. He knew his father's words wouldn't bring good news.

His father continued, his voice measured yet firm. "I've arranged a marriage for you, Jungkook," he announced, his words landing like a heavy blow. "Lady Rosé, from a respected French family. It's a beneficial match for both our families."

The room fell silent, the weight of his father's words hanging heavily in the air. Jungkook's mind reeled, his thoughts swirling in a whirlwind of confusion and disbelief. Lady Rosé? Marriage? It was all too much to comprehend.

Beside him, Taehyung clenched his fist, his knuckles turning white with tension. He could see the turmoil in Jungkook's eyes, the fear and uncertainty mirroring his own.

Jungkook's mother looked expectantly, waiting for her son's response. But Jungkook remained silent, his mind racing as he tried to process the news. It felt like the ground had been pulled out from under him, and he was adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

Finally, Jungkook's voice broke the silence, his words barely above a whisper. "I..Ah...Marriage?" he said, his voice trembling with emotion. "I... I haven't thought about that yet.."

His father nodded, his expression unreadable. "Of course, Jungkook. Take the time you need," he said, his tone masking the disappointment lurking beneath the surface.

Jungkook knew what that meant. His father would definitely not let up until Jungkook agreed. It was happening again. His parents had him completely under their control. How he hated it.

With that, the atmosphere in the room shifted, the weight of their conversation hanging heavily in the air. Taehyung watched as Jungkook's parents exchanged a meaningful glance, their unspoken thoughts echoing loudly in the silence.

Throughout the evening, the tension in the room remained palpable, and the weight of Jungkook's father's announcement cast a dark shadow over their gathering. Taehyung felt the weight of Jungkook's turmoil weighing on him, a heavy burden threatening to suffocate them both.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

•*:。✩