Chapter 1 - Freshman

I groaned as I listened to my brother and his friends play their incredibly loud and incredibly terrible music. The band, if you could even call it that, sounded like a dying cat.

I tied my long dark brown hair up, trying to finish packing. Unlike my older brother Jason and his obnoxious friends, I was trying to pack my bag for the start of school tomorrow. I was nervous to say the least - my first proper school experience. I was going to be a freshman at Oxford High School.

Just as I finished putting the last of my books in my bag, the door to my room burst open and Dylan came bounding in and jumped on my bed. His two friends followed - Jacob and Michael. I groaned.

"What do you want Dylan?" I sighed as I tried to push him off my bed, unsuccessfully.

"Well little sister, we were just coming to see how Oxford's newest freshman was going?" said Dylan with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes, "She's fine thanks,I replied bluntly.

Jacob and Michael laughed from the door way. Dylan and his friends were constantly playing pranks on me, but I somehow always managed to get them back. I knew that there was a day dedicated to pranking freshmen during the first week, so I knew that Dylan and his friends would definitely target me.

"Is the little freshman nervous?" cooed Jacob from the doorway.

I raised my eyebrow, "No, but if I remember correctly you cried on your first day of high school so I think I'm doing just fine."

That immediately shut Jacob up. He was so scared for high school that he had cried on the drive there on his first day. It was a very sore topic, and I knew that my brother, Michael and my dad were the only people that knew about it. I, however, thought it was rather funny.

"You should talk to seniors with respect," said Michael staring at me, "Otherwise you might just be targeted on prank day."

I ignored him. I knew that any freshman that tried to fight back with the pranks was only targeted even worse. I would just have to suck it up for the day. 

"You know, everyone's actually really excited to meet my little sister," said Dylan grinning at me as he kicked his shoes off and fully lay down on my bed.

I shrugged. Dylan and his friends were all on the basketball team, so they were definitely in the popular crowd. I had met some of their girlfriends before, so I knew the kind of people that they hung out with. Basically, jocks and cheerleaders - so I doubted that I would fit in well. I was more into athletics, and wanted to be on the track team.

"But," continued Dylan, staring at me seriously, "Don't even think about going for any of the senior guys. Actually, don't go for any guys. If someone even hits on you just let me know."

I scoffed, "Yeah whatever Dylan." He could be way too over protective for his own good.

"Oohhh is Sophia thinking she's going to score herself a boy this year?" asked Jacob, who had  obviously recovered from my previous comment about him crying.

"Actually I don't think it's any of your business who I hang out with," I shot back.

"It is if it's some peverted senior who just wants to fuck around with you," said Dylan.

"Aw cute sibling moment," said Michael from the doorway, "And I hate to interrupt it, but let's go watch our movie guys."

"Finally," I muttered under my breath as they left my room.

"Sorry Sophia, we'd invite you but you're not actually old enough to see the movie," called Jacob with an evil grin.

I rolled my eyes. I loved my brother, but his friends were some of the most annoying people I'd ever met in my life.