The Sacrifice (Maiden X Her Captor)

Hey! Guys if you want me to write stories on any particular trope please let me know in the comments and I will do that!

And if this story turns you on don't forget to vote and comment!

Tropes:

1. Different Tribes, Virgin X Her Captor. 

Every decade a girl is sacrificed to the mountain deity, who keeps our village safe. This tradition has been practiced in our village for ages and a maiden from every family of the village is to be sacrificed to keep the deity satisfied.

Since I was a kid, I had seen girls being sent away dressed in simple clothes with a fire torch in hand. They were to climb the mountain, while all the villagers waited at the foothill of the same mountain and watched the girl disappear forever.

The girls never came back and neither did the villagers go to search them.

Some say that the women who are sent up the mountain die. Some say that the deity consumes them. While others believe that the girls live happily in heaven and become angels.

All these stories seem interesting to hear until you become the sacrificial lamb.

They had chosen Felicity my sister to be the sacrifice this year, but I decided to take her place as I am older and truth be told unwanted. She at least has a chance at life and I want her to have a happy future. Have a husband and kids. Unlike me who is unmarried at twenty-and-five and considered a burden both by her parents and society.

It's sad that my parents are happy that I will no longer be an extra mouth to feed and that their beloved Felicity will live another day with them.

I love my family; I really do but the treatment I get is unbearable. So much so that I choose certain death over living one more day with them.

I wear my finest dress which isn't fine at all compared to the wardrobe my little sister has. I wear the crown made of wildflowers and twigs and leaves. I let my wavy hair down to my waist, and I apply the red tint to my cheeks and lips. Just to make me look more lively and less sick. The way I feel deep in my stomach.

I look almost like a bride, almost.

No man in this village or the other wanted to court me let alone marry me. Just because I was a pale, red-haired, and blue-eyed girl who stood out like a sour thumb, in this tan-skinned tribe of ours.

The darker you are the prettier you are was the mantra of our tribe and I wasn't dark, so I wanted pretty.

My parents always wondered how I was born to them, how a sickly-looking child was born to them. Sure, the gods were angry at them and gave them me as a punishment.

But now I was no longer going to be here, to be seen by the tribe's people and whisper about me. I was being sacrificed and I would never show my face again to the world.

That night my parents handed me the dimly lit torch and sent me on my way.

Usually, the family of the sacrificed girl, cry, wail and curse the mountain god for taking away their precious daughters. But there were no cries heard after my departure. No one even shed a single tear or tried to stop me.

The way up the mountain was treacherous and I had no clue what awaited me. I only hoped that it would be better than my home or straight, swift, easy, and painless death. Nothing in between.

I bunched my long dress in one hand and held the torch in another while I climbed the mountain.

For a second the thought of running away crossed my mind, as I knew the villagers wouldn't come to look for me and what would it matter if I reached my destination or not. I could cross the mountain and disappear into a faraway land where I wasn't hated as much.