My Damsel (When a girl in distress meets her savior)

Hey! Guys if you want me to write stories on any particular trope please let me know in the comments and I will do that!

And if this story turns you on don't forget to vote and comment!

Tropes:

1. Virgin heroin, 2. Age gap, 3. Sweet confusion. 

His POV: 

What would you do if a girl showed up at your doorstep and begged you to take her?

The village I live in is a traditional community. Where women are commodities and only their wedded partner has a right over their bodies.

I never liked this tradition as I lived alone, after the passing of my parents when I was merely 17.

I did not like people much, so I built a new cottage for myself a little deep into the woods. Close enough to the village to go there once a week and get supplies. But far enough that no one would venture into my property.

I hunt for myself and even grow vegetables and fruits that I sell for other valuable things.

Last night as I was preparing my bed, I heard a loud knock on my door. When I opened it, I was expecting it to be a villager who wanted my help with something. I am good a fixing houses and roofs.

But instead, it was her. I had seen her a couple of times when I went into the village. Her family moved to our village a few years ago, so they were still new to our community.

She was always surrounded by kids, who were probably her younger siblings and she used to be busy doing chores and looking after them.

We had never spoken or even interacted in any way, but whenever I was in the village my eyes searched for her. And when I spotted her, I noticed her amber eyes back on me.

At 32 it's unorthodox of me to live alone without a wedded wife or kids. But I love my solitude. But when she showed up at my doorstep last night it was as if my world tilted on its axis.

Minutes later there was another knock this one louder and more forceful.

When I opened the door, a short fat man stood at my doorstep along with a few other men. They all had fire torches and arrows in their hands.

"Did you see a damsel running this way?"

"No, sir, I was sleeping as you can see." I pointed at my ruffled bed inside my cottage.

"Hmm, if you spot a brown-haired, olive-skinned girl running in the woods, catch her and get her to me I will pay you handsomely."

"Sure sir, will do that," I said and shut the door. The men retreated towards the village and I got back into my bed.

She popped her head out from under the blankets when she noticed me lying on the bed.

"Did they leave?"

"Yeah." I nodded and she got out of the bed.

Earlier when she arrived, she begged me to hide her and told me that she would explain later.

"What happened I asked sitting on my bed."

"The old man who had come to find me was supposed to marry me today. But I did not want to marry him so I ran away. He and my family are looking for me. My father promised me to him as he wanted his eldest daughter to wed and go soon.

I had no say in the matter, so I just ran away. I don't know what to do or what will happen to me if they find me. I'm so scared."

Tears rolled down her eyes and for the love of God, I had no idea why it made my gut twist. She was a girl from the village and I hated the village people most of them at least. But then why was this damsel affecting me?