As good as dead, "night light"

Maybe things happen that you don't expect?

But, what if this was supposed to happen?

What if this is the only way it ends?

           | October 14th, Friday 9:30 am |

Chapa was sitting at her desk, scrolling through Mika macklins instagram. Everything thing looked normal for a teenage girls online presence. Party's, shopping, eating out, and her family as normal as it could get.

Chapa continued scrolling until she reached a photo from last year, she'd remembered this night vividly. It was mason rights Halloween party this was also the night she had kissed Bose for the first time.

But besides that she released this musta been after everyone had left seeing as it was just Mika, buddy, piper, mason and teddy in the few pictures. But before Chapa had the chance to look into it more there was a knock on her window.

She jumped as it startled her, but when she looked up it was Bose. She hasn't spoken to him since Tuesday and it was now Friday
She didn't have the guts to talk to him after what she had said, she felt ashamed with herself  but deep down she knew what she said had been true.

She had gotten up opening the window then went back to her desk acting like he wasn't there.

"Are you ok?" He had asked, not even bringing up that she's ignored his text and calls.

"As good as I can be" she shrugged standing up and looking at the boy. She walked forward grabbing one of the strings that was hanging on his hoodie.

"I'm sorry" she basically whispered.
She didn't know what else to say because she felt if she said anything more it would probably end up in a fight again.

"Apology accepted" he had whispered back.
Chapa had shaken her head letting go of the string, taking a step back to look at the boy in front of her.

Oh was she lucky she had thought so many people like him so many people want him, but yet he chose her and she'd never understand why. She closed her eyes together taking a deep breath in but before she could open her eyes she felt herself be picked up.

"Oh do I love you de sliva" he smiled into her neck, hugging her tightly. Chapa laughed hugging the boy back.

"I love you too, but put me down" she giggled.
Her feet now back on the floor she dusted her shirt off and looked at the boy again with a much more serious look.

"But Bose, What I said in the library is true.
You go to the cops we are over" bose had sighed,

"Why though? Is this more important then what we have?" He shook his head "this isn't far Chapa." Chapa wanted to cry.

"It's not supposed to be far. If you want out go ahead be out but if you go to the cops I mean it O'brain we are over." She said pushing past the boy stuffing things into her backpack.

"So me trying to protect you is bad?"
He said turning to face Chapa again.

"No I never said that. But I'm this case yes! I'm doing this for a friend!" She said raising her voice.

"Miles is a friend?! You barely fucking know him Chapa!" Chapa looked at him with tears starting to brew in her eyes.

"Miles deserves closure! I gave you closure for your sister so why can't I do it for him!"
Tears where now pouring down her face

"Because you are going to get yourself killed!"he shouted.

"No I won't! Bose im doing this I'm solving this for miles. I'm going to do this for Mika's sake. I'm sorry but I am." Chapa could barely breathe she was so angry that he wouldn't understand.