Tickled Pink

"Congratulations Maya and Lucas...you're having a girl!" the doctor exclaimed.

Maya's heart stopped. She knew it. Her feeling had been correct all along. She was going to have a daughter. No, the adoptive parents are going to have a daughter, she forced herself to remember.

"Maya, did you hear that? We're having a girl!" Lucas proclaimed. Maya could tell he was beside himself with excitement.

"I'll leave you two alone. Here's some pictures I printed," the doctor said, handing them to Maya.

"That's our daughter, Lucas," Maya said quietly, holding up the sonogram pictures. She couldn't help but tear up.

Lucas looked as though he was in danger of tearing up too. He helped Maya into a sitting position and handed her a tissue to wipe the gel off her belly. Maya buttoned her pants and hopped off the table.

Suddenly, Maya felt Lucas's hands on her shoulders and he was staring into her eyes.

"We're having a girl," he said.

"We're having a girl," Maya repeated.

Lucas bent down and kissed her on the lips. What started as an affectionate peck turned very passionate very fast. Eventually, Maya pulled away.

"We have got to stop doing that," Maya sighed.

They took their pictures and exited the exam room. They had completely forgotten that Cory and Topanga were outside waiting. They stood up as soon as Maya and Lucas appeared.

"How did it go?" Cory asked quickly.

"Well..." Maya began. She looked up at Lucas and he gave her a slight nod.

"It's a girl!" Maya announced.

Cory and Topanga beamed at Maya.

"Congratulations," they said together. Topanga wrapped her arms around Maya and hugged her tightly.

"Why don't we walk you home, Maya?" Cory suggested.

Maya turned back to Lucas.

"That's fine, I have stuff to do anyway. Talk to you later, Maya," Lucas said. He waved to Cory, Topanga and Maya and left the doctor's office.

Topanga picked up her purse and the three headed out the door.

***********************************************************************************************

"So Maya, have you thought about whether or not you're going to keep the baby?" Topanga asked as they walked.

"I don't know. I was pretty set on adoption, but now I'm not so sure..." Maya explained.

"Look, Maya. If you and Lucas want to keep this baby, you have a lot to think about. You'll need to get jobs, you'll have to check with your mom if its okay for you to raise a baby in her house, you'll have to establish what kind of rights you want Lucas to have. There's a lot to consider," Cory told her.

Maya hadn't considered any of these things.

"Well I still have time, right? I mean I'm only fourteen weeks," Maya answered.

"Yes Maya but the earlier you start thinking about these things the better. You don't wanna have to make a rushed decision near the end," Topanga said.

"I guess," Maya mumbled.

They reached Maya's apartment and Maya thanked Cory and Topanga for coming with her.

"It was the least we could do," Topanga smiled.

Maya was about to close her apartment door when a question popped into her head.

"Hey, do you think I should text Riley and tell her it's a girl? Or should I leave it alone?" Maya asked.

"I'd leave it alone for now. We won't say anything. You can tell her when she's ready for you to tell her," Cory said kindly.

"You don't think she's ready for me to tell her?" Maya asked, disappointed.

"No. I don't. Bye, Maya," Cory said.

"Bye," Maya replied.

She shut the door and leaned against it. She just barely caught the beginning of Cory and Topanga's conversation.

"I mean, I don't even know what to say to her. What do you say to a kid who's ruining her life?" Maya heard Topanga ask.

"That's a little dramatic, Topanga. She hasn't ruined her life. Not yet, anyway," Maya heard Cory say. That was all she heard before they got too far away for her to hear the rest.

Maya sunk to the ground. The only people who ever believed in me think I'm ruining my life, she thought. And actually, they're probably right.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: This is a short chapter just to reveal the gender. I think I'll skip on a few weeks for the next one. Leave me some comments :)