Dance, Dance, Drama

Maya didn't need to tell Lucas she was coming. She knew Riley would make him come with her and Farkle even if he didn't want to. Maya got many stares on the subway but she was used to strangers judging her by now. She sat on the uncomfortable seat in her flowing blue dress and wondered if Lucas would still be mad at her when she got there. She really hoped not.

She took her secret-back-entrance into the gymnasium to avoid the stares from everyone who wasn't thirty minutes late. She hid behind the door searching the room for Lucas, Riley and Farkle. She soon found Riley and Farkle in the middle of the crowd dancing to an upbeat song. No sign of Lucas. Oh God, Maya thought. What if Lucas didn't come with them? What if he didn't come at all?

She decided to brave it and make her way over to Riley and Farkle to ask them if he'd come. A few scoffs and giggles were sent in Maya's general direction as she shuffled her convex-self through the crowd. She eventually reached Riley and Farkle.

"Maya! You came! I had a feeling you would!" Riley squealed.

"Did you find Lucas?" Farkle asked.

"No, is he here?" Maya asked quickly.

"Yeah, he should be around somewhere. Try over by the drinks and stuff," Riley suggested.

"Okay thanks. I'll see you guys later," Maya said as she set off to find Lucas.

While she searched, she heard her phone buzz in her purse. She found a seat in the corner (her feet already hurt from walking this far) and pulled it out. It was from Josh.

J: Heard riley's going to a dance and ur not? that mean ur free tonight?

Maya sighed. She was as torn between Lucas and Josh as ever. It didn't matter tonight, though. She already made the decision to come to the dance and find Lucas. That was the end of it.

And besides, what did Josh even want anyway? Why was their age difference suddenly not a problem? Maya didn't quite understand. And did Cory and Topanga know that Josh and Maya had been occasionally and casually "seeing" each other, even though she was carrying Lucas's baby? Riley certainly knew, so how much had she told them?

This whole thing is such a mess, Maya thought. She sat on her chair thinking for a few more minutes until something shocked her right out of her sight. She could've sworn she'd just seen Riley in another corner with Farkle and a crowd of people and Riley was...was she really sipping a beer?

Maya took off in that direction, but someone called her from behind. She hadn't quite believed her eyes when she saw Riley drinking anyway, so she turned to see who was calling her.

"Maya? Is that you?" Lucas was leaning against the table that held the fruit punch.

He was with a girl. Maya only vaguely recognized her from school, but she wasn't exactly someone Maya frequently associated herself with. Maya wanted to abort the whole situation and go meet Josh or anyone else or better yet just go home. However, she knew making a run for it wasn't exactly an option.

"You know anyone else who'd be pregnant at a high school dance?" Maya laughed.

"Actually Mrs. Mayfair, the seventh grade science teacher, is pregnant. But she's like really old, and you're like...not," the girl with Lucas said with her eyebrows up.

"Maya, this is Sophie. We were just talking-" Lucas began before Sophie piped up again.

"Lucas a very good conversationalist," Sophie said with a smirk.

Maya gave her best fake-but-real-sounding laugh.

"Yes, I know," she laughed. "How do you think this happened?" Maya smirked back, blatantly rubbing her bump with both hands.

Lucas's face turned red and Sophie's eyes narrowed.

"Maya, have you seen Riley and Farkle yet? They're here too," Lucas asked.

"Yeah, I saw them earlier. I actually wanted to ask you about that. Was it just me or was Riley dr-" Maya began before being interrupted.

"I love this song! Lucas, dance with me!" Sophie shouted.

She dragged him off onto the dance floor. Maya bit the inside of her cheek and told herself to get over it. She tried to find Riley but she kept getting lost in the crowd. She circled around a few times with no sign of Riley. Now she was worried.

She was about to call Riley when she got distracted again. She accidentally ended up near enough to Lucas and Sophie that she could hear their conversation.

"You need to forget about her. She's obviously trying to trap you and, like, that's juts not what you need right now. You have, like, your whole lie ahead of you. Don't give it all up for her," Sophie said softly.

Maya bit her cheek a little too hard and knew she had to get out of there. She pushed right through Lucas and Sophie and headed for the door.

"Maya, wait!" Lucas called after her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Sorry it took a while to update! I was kinda busy over the last few days. This is part 2 of 3 of the dance I guess. Hope you liked!