Christmas Kicks

December 25th, Christmas morning. Maya was never a huge Christmas fan. She never really expected much. She never woke up on Christmas morning at 6a.m and ran to see if Santa came. In fact, she usually slept in as late as she could on Christmas morning. However, this year was different. This year Maya was jolted awake by someone other than her mother.

It was very subtle and very mild, but Maya was sure she felt it. She knew it was harmless, but admittedly she was still a little worried. She decided to scoot into her mother's room, just to clear it with her.

"Uh, mom?" Maya called as she poked her head into her mother's room.

Her mother stirred and seemed to not notice Maya.

"Mom, I need to ask you something," Maya said louder.
"What...What's wrong?" her mother said lazily.

Maya walked over to her mother's bedside and bent down next to her head.

"Mom, I was laying in bed and then...well...I think I felt the baby move. That's normal, right?" Maya asked.

Her mother sprung up and Maya nearly fell over.

"Did you really feel ther baby move?" her mother exclaimed.

"Well, yeah. That's okay, right? Like it doesn't mean anything's wrong?" Maya was slightly worried now.

"Maya, that's great! That means the baby is growing and she's healthy. This is fantastic!" Maya's mother hollered.

"Great!" Maya replied, trying to match her mother's enthusiasm.

Maya's mother got up and insisted on making breakfast even though Maya told her not to. Maya went back to her room to get a hoodie and couldn't believe what she was seeing. She'd left her room in such a hurry that she didn't even notice the small pile of gifts at the foot of her bed.

She rarely got presents, and she'd never gotten this many. Ever. She took the one closest to her and tore the wrapping off. It was a necklace Maya had mentioned she wanted weeks ago. She opened a few more and couldn't believe her eyes. A gift card, a cute dress that she could wear while pregnant, a new phone case, and even a new set of headphones!

The last present Maya opened was wrapped in light pink paper and had a little note attatched to it. Maya pulled the note carefully off the wrapping paper and recognized her mother's handwriting.

"Just in case you do decide to keep her"

Maya opened the gift to find a tiny pink onesie with a matching hat. Maya couldn't believe how small it was. She was genuinely touched by all the gifts her mother had given her. She ran out of her room, onezie still in hand.

"Thank you," she said to her mother with a smile.
"Merry Christmas, Maya," her mother smiled back.

After breakfast, Maya was laying on the couch watching TV when she felt the baby stir again. she called her mother over to see if she could feel it. Her mother placed a hand on Maya's belly and Maya redirected it to where she had felt the movement. Her mother gasped and Maya could've sworn she saw her tear up.

How can I possibly give this baby up now? Maya thought.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: This is just a cute lil chapter I wanted to include :) I know it's short, I'm writing the next one now.