Fun & Games

It soon became clear that this baby showered had been more heavily-planned than it appeared. There were many, many games to be played. Riley put everyone into teams and they remained on said teams for every game.

The current game started when Riley excitedly hauled a black sack into the middle of the floor. Everyone sat in a circle around a pile of socks Riley had dumped onto the ground.

"Whoever can match the most pairs of socks wins! GO!" Riley shouted. Everyone leaned over the sock pile grabbing as many as possible and searching for matches. It was hard for Maya to bend over and back as quickly as everyone else, but she still tried.

The next was a guessing game. Each team had to guess what baby items were in various brown paper bags and at the end Maya had to reveal what was in them. Maya was surprised to find that she was actually enjoying herself. 

They all took a break to eat some food. Maya was glad of this, because the baby was not only getting bigger every day, but hungrier too. There was cheese and crackers, mini hot dogs and chicken wings, fruit salad, and chips and dip. Riley also presented the cake that Farkle had brought. It was in the shape of a pink baby carriage and tasted delicious. Maya would've hung around the snack table all day, but she was told there were games to be played.

The next games was a variation of pin the tail on the donkey, except with a pacifier and a picture of a baby. Maya got her own special blindfold and she got to go first. Riley gently spun her and then let her go. She did her best to find her way to where she remebered the poster to be. It wasn't very difficult because of Riley's delicate spinning, but that didn't change the fact that she was still blindfolded. As she carefully moved towards the wall, she heard the front door open and close. She briefly wondered who it was, but then realized she was in the middle of a task and everyone was watching her. She ended up getting the baby's forehead, which she figured was close enough.

She was supposed to stay and watch everyone else, but Maya now had to pee and wasn't going to wait for everyone to play the game. She snaked over to the bathroom and jumped when someone opened the door from the inside as she went to open it from the outside.

"God, what the hell are you doing here?!" Maya said breathlessly.

"I'm here to pick up Auggie. What the hell are you doing here?" Josh said with a smile.

"It's my party," Maya smirked back.

"Happy birthday," he said.

"It's not my birthday, it's-" Maya started to explain but was stopped when she noticed the look he was giving her. It was the same look she'd seen right before they kissed.

"Nice dress," he said, still looking into her eyes.

"Nice face," she answered before she realized what she was saying.

Josh pulled down the blindfold Maya had forgotten she was still wearing and pulled her back into the bathroom. They starting kissing lightly, but then Maya remembered the image of Lucas and Riley whispering and smiling and kissed him harder. She pressed herself into him (as best she could with her bump in the way) as he leaned against the bathroom wall. His arms pulled her closer and she ran her fingers along his face and through his hair. The only thought playing in Maya's head was that of Lucas and Riley. She felt Josh's fingers moving up her back. Her heart was pounding. Where was this going? She didn't wanna have sex, but she didn't want what Josh was doing to stop. She let him feel around her top half for a little while and realised there wasn't much else he could do unless she took off her dress. She stopped kissing him more abruptly than she intended.

"How's cowboy?' he smiled.

'Shut up," Maya said, but she laughed too.

She wasn't laughing at herself though. It was more of a cruel, empty laugh that was fueled by her thoughts of Lucas and Riley's whispers.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have went along with that," Maya said.

"Hey, I initiated it," Josh reminded her.

"I better get back to my party," Maya told him.

"I better go get Auggie," Josh said.

He stepped back to let Maya leave first.

"Can you leave first? I still have to pee," Maya admitted.

Josh laughed and kissed her quickly on the lips before leaving the bathroom.

Maya left a few minutes later. She cursed under her breath as she saw that Riley was looking right at her, waiting for her to emerge. She made her best innocent face as she walked back over to the festivities.

"So, what are we playing?" Maya said cheerfully.

Riley just glared, so another girl explained to Maya that they were setting up for onesie decorating. This sounded like it would be Maya's favourite event of the day. She got her onesie and started picking out materials when Riley yanked her arm over to the other side of the room.

"You were in there with Josh, weren't you?" Riley hissed.

"What's it to you?" Maya shrugged.

"You said you weren't gonna do this anymore," Riley said calmly.

"Don't tell Lucas?" Maya said innocently.

"Maya! I thought you and Lucas were okay now," Riley said in shock.

"Yeah and you and Lucas seem to be more than okay," Maya snapped.

"What does that mean?" Riley asked.

Maya began to imitate the scene that had been playing in her head for hours. Riley laughed and looked relieved.

"Is that why you kissed Josh? Because you think Lucas and I are back together?" Riley smiled.

"Maybe," Maya said quietly.

"Maya, I promise you there is nothing going on between me and Lucas," Riley said earnestly.

"Really?" Maya asked.

"Really," Riley confirmed.

Maya let the whole thing go so she could get back to onesie decorating. She designed the onesie with a beautiful New York skyline that even she was surprised by. She painted all the buildings on and used gold glitter for the stars. It took her a while, but she was proud of the end result.

It was getting late and Riley informed Maya that she had to say a few words to end the party. Maya felt like slapping Riley for not telling her this before now, but she was too tired. She figured she'd just wing it. She stood up on the couch and shushed everyone.

"I just wanna thank you all for coming and being good sports with all the games and stuff. It really means a lot that you'd show up and support me. A lot of you may know that this hasn't been easy for me, and it's only gonna get harder from here. I didn't know that I needed a day to forget about all the drama and just celebrate my baby, but it turns out I did. Thank you to all of you guys, and thank you to Riley. You really pulled it off, kid," Maya smiled.

She stepped down from the couch as everyone clapped and began to leave. Maya helped clean up a bit until Riley and Topanga made her go home and get some rest.

"Seriously Riles, thanks," Maya said as she was opening the door.

"It was my pleasure," Riley beamed.

They hugged and Maya left feeling more excited than ever to meet her baby, and more confused than ever about her feelings towards Lucas.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: There was something I wanted to ask you guys about but now I can't remember :/ But tysm for over 8k views!! Whaaat?! Also follow my Twitter anoddvariety I might tweet more often with more followers. 28 weeks chapters next!