My Problems, Your Problems

"Great. Now he probably thinks we're sleeping together or something," Farkle grunted, following Maya out of the movies.

Maya was ridiculously tired. It was Monday and this was the first day she'd ever had to go to school and work in the same day. She didn't actually want to bring farkle back to her apartment, though. Her mother might be there, and that would just be annoying.

"This isn't the way to your house," Farkle stated.

"I know," Maya replied.

She got as close to Farkle's as posible and then found a darkish alley right near his building.

"This is my house," Farkle stated again.

"I know," Maya replied.

She took his hand and pulled him into the alley. She sat down against the wall and turned on the flashlight on her phone.

"What are we doing?" Farkle asked nervously.

"Sit or stand, your choice," Maya told him.

Farkle slowly lowered himself to the ground.

"Why are we sitting in an alley?" he asked.

"Ever since that day you pulled me in one when you found out I was pregnant it's kinda been a thing. Coffee shops and smoothie bars are too public, my apartment's too personal. This is neutral," Maya explained.

"Right, but that was in the day time," Farkle said quietly.

"Anyway, I need to know why these are the most words we've spoken to each other in weeks. I wanna know why you're wearing a sad little Farkle face. I wanna know what's wrong," Maya said.

She could see the shadow of his face from the mediocre light of the flashlight. He looked like he might be tearing up again.

"I'm really sorry, Maya," he spluttered.

"I can't forgive you if you don't have a reason, Farkle. You were so supportive at the beginning. What the hell happened?" Maya asked.

"It was when I found out that it was Lucas's. Riley called me in hysterics and I had to calm her down. It was bad, Maya. I guess I was just mad at you for doing that to Riley," he admitted.

"Why didn't you forgive me when Riley did?" Maya asked angrily.

"I don't know. It just killed me seeing Riley so upset," Farkle said.

"...and?" Maya questioned.

"And what?" Farkle asked.

"There's gotta be more of a reason than that. What else is going on with you?" Maya prodded.

He was really starting to cry now. Maya tried to act like she didn't notice.

"You really wanna know?" Farkle squeaked.

"Come at me," Maya said with a smile.

'Well it's just stuff at home, you know. Dad's gone a lot, mom's getting kinda crazy again. They fight, like, all the time. It's both of them really," Farkle muttered.

"What do they fight about?" Maya asked in her gentlest voice.

"She knows Dad doesn't really love her and he never has. He doesn't think she's a good enough mother. He's gone too often, she throws fits every time he's home. I don't know what they were thinking in the first place," he sighed.

Maya saw a tear drip onto the floor. She knew what she had to do. She just had to push herself to do it.

"Stand up," Maya ordered as she did the same.

Once they were facing each other, the light struggling to hit their faces but strong enough to show Farkle's puffy eyes. Maya pulled him into a hug and he hugged her back. She felt him come undone, trying to quieten his shaking sobs. She held him for a while and barely refrained from tearing up herself.

"I just wish she'd leave, Maya," he sobbed.

She eventually let him go and they sat back down.

"So what happened tonight then?" Maya asked.

"Mom got really crazy. Started throwing stuff at him so he decided to take me to the movies. Thought it would cheer me up. He thinks he's this great parent, and compared to her he is, but it's his fault she gets so mad in the first place," he sniffed.

"I'm real sorry, Farkle," Maya said.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. Ignoring you for months and then blubbering into you, God," he mumbled.

"Ever talked to Riley about this? She's better at this stuff than me," Maya told him.

"Kinda, but she can't really understand. She's got this perfect little family and...I guess I just figured you'd understand more," he said.

They sat in silence for several minutes. Maya could tell Farkle was regretting telling her what he had. She could tell her was regretting everything.

"Hey, what do you say we just forget the whole you ignoring me thing?" Maya suggested.

"Really?" he said, surprised.

"Sure. I got bigger things to worry about," Maya smiled.

"Thank you, Maya," he said.

Farkle stood up and hoisted Maya up with him.

"I figured you have a curfew. Now we're right near your house," Maya explained.

Maya walked him to the door and gave him a goodbye hug. On her way home, she thought of how she should be mad at Farkle. She should be angry and bitter and demand more of an apology. She tried to be mad for a second, but she couldn't. Her anger was smoothed over by her ache for Farkle and his family problems.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Is anyone scared of flying because I hate flying and I have to fly tomorrow and I'm anxious. But the good news for you is that I'm writing ahead now so that me being jet lagged won't affect you getting updates 👍🏻 Ok bye.