End of season'23

Smriti's PoV

Today is our last match for RCB of the season it's with Mumbai Indians. MI won the toss and elected to ball first, me and Devine went to open for RCB in the first innings unfortunately she got run out at duck.

Then me and Perry built a partnership which was broken with my wicket and then soon enough, Pez also returned to the pavilion, from there our teams collapse begun and one after another, wickets went down

Then me and Perry built a partnership which was broken with my wicket and then soon enough, Pez also returned to the pavilion, from there our teams collapse begun and one after another, wickets went down. We could only reach 125/9 wickets in 20 overs. The total was not huge so there was a lot of pressure on the bowling unit.

In the second innings began, and MI openers give them a cracking start and then time to time the wickets were taken but due to small target MI were able to chase it in 16.3 overs with the fall of six wickets. It was an easy chase for them.
after the post match presentations. We all were standing in dressing room as it was the end of the season. The atmosphere was gloomy, so I stepped in to make it lively.
" ok guys why the long faces?" I asked everyone
"Because it was our last game and we didn't performed well" said Sophie
" This loss is just a chapter in our story. What's done is done we cant change past but we could learn from it right. This season may not be the best one for us but we learnt alot. We learnt comebacks are greater than setbacks.
Who trusted us after losing five games consecutively, that we will be able to win back to back two games. No one but we ourself trusted enough so we were able to achieve it. And not to forget that this season we all met new people and created good memories with them. so at last i will just say that we win as a team and we loose as team as well. We are in this together as one. Come on huddle up"

Everyone formed a group and hailed RCB.

The atmosphere turned a little emotional as everyone is leaving tomorrow to their respective countries. My eyes were trying to find the pair of blue eyes i adore so much. Oh god i sound like a love sick puppy. She stood across the room and suddenly her eyes strikes with mine and she smiles. My legs automatically dragged me towards her and now i was standing in front of her in daze thinking how could someone be so perfect with all the imperfections and god she looks so beautiful and hot.

She snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Miss Mandy where are you lost" she asked me teasingly while smirking
" where else in your immaculate beauty" said Sophie with a wink and teasing smile

"He bhagwan kahan fasdiya mujhe " i mumbled but they heard it
" what did you just say" asked Pez
"No..nothing" i stammered
"She said oh god where have you stuck me" Ahuja replied sneaking behind me and i glared at her and she hurried towards the other corner of the room.

I turned towards Pez and she stood there looking amused by my choice of words. I just sighed at my luck.

"Um Sophie if you don't have any problem could i borrow Pez for some time"i asked her and she shook and wnet away. I looked around and saw everyone was busy and dragged Pez with me towards the changing room.

" what happened Mandi everything alright" she asked
" are you leaving tomorrow?" I asked frantically
" um yea thats what my flight ticket mentions"
"I came to know that your schedule is cleared for a month and half so i was thinking if you want only ok.(she nodded)
Can we spend fifteen days together exploring different places and it will also help us to get to know each other better and you also don't have to worry about missing out spending time with family as you will still have a month in which you could spend with your family too. The locations would be of your choice( i said enthusiastically ), if you agree of course no pressure feel free to deny too." I said but deep down i want ger to agree so badly.

She pondered on the matter for few moments and then she agreed
"Can we visit Goa and Rajasthan. I have heard they are the sight for the sore eyes. " she asked hopefully
" whatever Pez wants Pez gets" I fake mocked surrendering
She happily pounced upon me hugging me like theres no tomorrow.

"Thank you thank you thank you and also i really appreciate how you considered about me spending time with my family too. It means a lot" she said with wide smile.

She then went to inform Sophie about sudden change of plan bouncing like a bunny in excitement

Gosh this lady is going to be death for me. I thought smiling. She has gotten me wrapped around her fingers.

Suddenly i heard a creak of the door and Sophie entered the room and locked it. She was having a hella serious face. She moved ger mobile towards me and i saw that she is on Face Time with Alyssa Healy.
" hey guys what brings you here" i asked casually as i knew why they are here in the first place.
Sophie stands in front of her with arms crossed and says
" we came to know about the trip you have planned for Pez but listen carefully ok" she said trying to sound intimidating and i jist stood there with amused.
" Pez is really important to us. So even one tear in her eyes and you are the reason we will not hesitate to punch you and show why Australian blood is so strong. Understood?" Asked Healy

I nodded so sincerely
" listen guys i know i may have reserved personality and a bit cold shoulder towards people but with Pez everything is different. I cant express in words but when i am around her i always forget how to breathe only thing that matters to me is her. Entire world just fades away. She is sunshine in my darkness and trust me i will prove you guys that she will be treated like the way she deserves and that is like a Queen. I will not harm her in any way she is my solace and i will protect her from any sort of problem and will stand tall in her ups and down with her."

They were satisfied with my answer. They smiled seeing something behind me and then Sophie suddenly went away. I looked over my shoulder to see Pez standing there with tears glistening in her eyes. I hurried towards her
" what happened Pez why are you crying did someone said anything to you?" I asked furiously
"No no Mandy these are happy tears. I just overheard your conversation either my friends. Do you mean everything you said" she asked me
" yes i swear on my life that i meant every single word"

She then pulled me towards a soft kiss pouring all her emotions in it.