Change.

-

Jasmyn

"I just wanted to thank you two so very much for saving my son. God bless you two. If it wasn't for you he would no longer be here with us. I know Chris can come off harsh and mean sometimes but he has a really good heart, I hope you understand."

"I understand completely Mrs.Br-"

"Hawkins, Miss Hawkins" she interrupted Josèline.

"Oh, thank you Miss Hawkins"

"Matter fact, just call me Joyce" she smiled.

"Thank you, Joyce" I smiled.

We were all sitting down in the waiting area. Today Chris was getting released from the hospital. The only reason why he was still here was because they had him on suicide watch, just incase he tried to pull something, and they put him back on his medication.

Since he was taking too many, they perscribed him to take one a day for his Lithium pills. Truth is, he was hiding them, but his mother eventually found out and I acted like I did, even though I already knew.

Since his health was starting to get a lot better they said, he only needs one a day. And to make sure he doesn't overdose, his mom was going to stay with him for awhile, and basically take good care of him.

We got up and spotted Chris walking down the hall, confident as ever. I smiled to myself. I never thought in a million years I would be ever smiling at a person so evil. But he wasn't evil. He had a heart, he just didn't know how to use it or get help, he's learning now though.

"My baby" Joyce kissed his cheek and he smiled.

It was great to see him smile.

He actually looked a lot more attractive when he was in a happy mood. The drugs and the deppression made him look dull. He was so full of life now, but we could help him work on getting better.

I walked over to him, putting my arm over his shoulder. Me and Chris had our talks and I guess we were cool now. I was always the type to forgive easily. I still wasn't over Drew though, I wanted revenge and I got it. I stabbed him for christ's sake.

It was now going on four am and since Chris was finally getting out and was still on medication, his mother had to drive him home and I was on the way home with Josèline. I finally moved all my stuff in with her because I was now living with her for awhile, until I was back on my feet.

And hey, I still had the job Chris gave me as a bartender. So I could work there a couple of nights and make some money.

We walked into the apartment and I plopped down on the couch, ready to pass out.

"Tired?" Josèline asked.

"Beyond"

"Goodnight" she said blowing me a kiss and walking into her room.

I didn't even bother walking to my room since this apartment was a two-bedroom one. I just passed out on the couch.

-

Waking up to the blinds flashing in my face, I groaned and turned over pulling the blanket over my head. I just remembered that I walked back to my room in the middle of the night.

"Rise and shine!" Josèline smiled.

I checked the time and it was three pm. Well I figured it would be late because we got home at four in the morning. I got up heading to the bathroom and doing my hygeine.

Today I promised I would help Joyce with Chris. It was pretty awkward working with his mother, and her not knowing what the hell happened in the past between me and Chris but I sure as hell wasn't going to tell her.