Chapter 9

Seth had finally found us. But I was already walking away.

"Did you know?" I ask.

"It was classified... but I had a hunch" he says barely audible.

—————

School went as normal as usual. I found myself getting bored of the classes. The only good thing about my day was Percy it seemed.

It was April, and they were having the annual parents day. When I woke up Meilin was already gone. I was fine with it though, she usually was a parties late at night now anyways.

Aunt Rebecca came as my parent, arriving a little while after breakfast.

I decided I'd give her a tour of the stables and let her see Percy.

We were checking on Percy when I see Amira with a man and woman. My guess that they were her parents.

 My guess that they were her parents

They walked together talking in hushed voices

They walked together talking in hushed voices. Her dad looked angry, and it seemed her mom was trying to calm him down.

Me, Seth, and Aunt Rebecca were going to leave when we hear the voice, "Rebecca!!! Seth!!!Lauren!!" Turing around we find Aren and Vivi. Vivi looked like she was in pain, and I didn't blame her.

"Shyanne" My Aunt says.

"I'm so glad we ran into each other!" Shyanne says.

Why was she at the stables? Vivi and Aren don't ride... not for the school at least...

"What a coincidence"My Aunt is smiling, I could tell she wanted to leave.

"Shyanne" I turn to see Amira and her parents walk up. Her dad smiled, "it's been too long." Amira's eyes were slightly puffy.

"Yes Mr. Lockwood, it seems I haven't seen you in forever." Shyanne says.

"Please, call me Bob." Mr. Lockwood says. Weird. He turns to me, "you must be Lauren."

I nod shaking his hand.

"There's all kinds of news reports on you, thank goodness that they caught the kids." He says.

I nod.

He looks at Seth, "I heard you were shot in the process."

"It's healing" Seth says.

Bob turns to Aren, "I was meaning to ask you what your plans for the furniture are now that you won't be working in Jameson enterprises."

A thick silence stills the air. No one has brought up that, not even Shyanne.

Aren kept his cool, "I haven't decided. This year I've been looking into dinfrent ideas."

Mr. Lockwood nods, "it can be tough to restart in the business world."

"Lauren, you were going to show me the library?" My Aunt cuts in, she could tell I wanted to leave.

"Yes," I turn back to everyone, "see you all later."

—————

We made it three feet into the library when my name was called, "Lauren!!!"

Amoy walked over to me, followed by a boy.

"This is my older brother, Alonzo." Amoy motions towards the boy. He was tall, while Amoy was about 5'5 he stood at a good 6 foot. He looked like a giant beside her.

"Hello" I say.

"Amoy says you read with her"her brother says.

"We are both into some mystery." I say.

"And thriller?" Her brother laughs.

"We were going to eat at the grill, want to meet us later?" Amoy asks. I nod, "see you at 12?"

"12" Amoy agrees.

How was that?

Please remember to vote and comments your thoughts and ideas!!!!!!