Chapter 19

We rode a long golf cart throughout the property. We passed the horse pastures and stables. We went down a path that leads close to the pond, and the east part of the forest.

We then saw the tiny golf course, and then the house which was much bigger than I'd originally thought

The bowling alley had two lanes, and in the back of the room sat a drink bar filled with any flavor and brand of drink imaginable

"This is amazing" Abbie says hitting a strike. "I can almost understand someone wanting your inheritance."

"Ha ha" I say. I roll the bowling ball. Miss.

"She's got a point, there must be lots of people who may even do anything to have this." Zack says.

I shrug, "I guessed as much..."

"You said that last time you were here someone sabotaged your saddle right?" Abbie says. "It's gotta be someone here... unless they were paid to do it."

"True" I roll the bowling ball.

"And can we talk about how sus your 'family' is" Abbie uses her fingers for air quotes.

"Very" Zack agrees.

"First we have moody Vivi, the goth who is almost never around. Perfect golden boy Aren who cools away his feelings and only makes conversation when he has to, the old grandma who is just... there. And Shyanne. Who is the evil step mom 2.o who is trying to act like your fairy godmother." Abbie says.

"Hmmm" I hum in agreement.

I strike out again.

"Maybe a worker hated your dad, and wants revenge." Abbie says. "Right Zack?"

"Maybe." He says.

"So... your boyfriend... have you kissed?" Abbie says. "I can believe I missed your first date."

"Don't worry, I have a few thousand pictures someone took of me." I say.

"And?..." Abbie says.

"Twice" I say.

"What?!" Abbie screeches. "Not only did I miss your first kiss, but your second?! Aiden, can you believe this?!"

"I'm staying out of this"he says.

"Thank you" I say sarcastically.

"Anyways, you literally just got the lottery. This is any girl who wanted their own book's dream!" Abbie says.

"If you're okay with maybe getting murdered." I say.

"Lauren!"'i turn around to see Lilian.

"Lily!" Since Lily helps to work off her scolorship (even though that her work is no where near enough and my dad only gave her it because her grandparents were close to him) she stays at the mansion most of the time. But the last week she's been visiting her parents, who live a few states away.

"Hey" Abbie holds out her hand. "I'm Abbie."

"Lily" Lily smiles shaking Abbie's hand.

"Zack."

—————

They got along great. But somehow Abbie and Lily got along amazingly. Somehow else got into a talk about how they needed to try and get me to wear less 'perfect girl who studies' outfits and more 'I'm a girl boss' outfits.

Zack of course just used his usual tactic when it came to Abbie becoming full Abbie mode. With "oh?!" And "yup."

Soon after a few rounds of bowling we decide to take a break and get lunch. A maid told us to go to the garden where Gran wanted to have tea with us. Of coyness we couldn't say no to Gran.

What do you think? Any thoughts?????????

Please remember to vote and leave a comment!!!!