Chapter 21

I'd been dreading dinner all afternoon. Of course I didn't go to my aunt though, because this might literally send her over the edge.

It was five when I was walking down with Lily, Zack, and Abbie. There were voices down the stayers in the lounge. I recognized Grans, Glorious', Aren, and... Jessica.

She was sitting across from Shyanne and beside Aren. She was talking about something that I could hear.

Shyanne looks up, "Lauren! I was just about to call you down

Shyanne looks up, "Lauren! I was just about to call you down."

Jessica looks up to me and puts on an even wider smile, "Lauren!"

"Jessica" I put on my fake smile. If she was going to act like we were friends again, so was I.

I go to sit on the other side of Aren, Zack and Abbie following suit. Lily sitting on the one seater chair.

"Who's this?" Jessica asks looking to Lily.

"One of the workers granddaughter" Shyanne says.

"My friend" I correct.

"Well I'm Jessica" She says to Lily.

"Lilian" Lily says.

"Dinner" a maid walks in.

—————

"Wow" Jessica took a bite of the cake again. "This is amazing, you actually made this?" She looks to Aren who sits across the table. An empty seat beside him and a missing Vivi.

"Yes"he answers.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" She asks him. Gag. Seth would probably just walk out of here if he had to hear the I fence flirting, good thing he's at one of his 'secret agent' meetings. Aunt Rebecca was also gone, so I'd get to hear her angry rant about Shyanne later. I hadn't told her Jessica was here yet either.

"School, and cooking tutors." Aren says.

"I hear the school is amazing"Jessica says.

"It is" Lily say.

Jessica looks at her confused, "you go to the school too?"

Lily nods, "my grandparents are one of the few workers to work here the longest. To show his gratitude Mr. Jameson gave me a scholarship to go for my high school years."

"Oh" Jessica says. She turns to me, "so Lauren, I hear you are riding again?"

I swallow my bite of cake and nod.

"What's it like to be back in the saddle? Did you remember most of it?" Jessica asks.

"Well, it is fun to ride again. And no, since I hav t done it in a while I did some classes before I went to school." I say.

"It would be fun to ride together again" Jessica says. "Just like we used to."

Just like we used to.

"So how long have you been friends with my granddaughter?" Gran asks.

"Since preschool." Part of what Jesica said was true. We were friends in preschool. And middle school. But not high school.

"So you know each other well?" She asks.

Jessica chuckles, "I guess. You see, we were so close we used to ride together at a camp we used to go to every year. Abbie even came, later on."

"Do you ride still?" Shyanne asks.

"A little, I still went to the camp, even when Abbie and Lauren stopped." Jessica says.

"Why did they stop?" Shyanne asks.

Abbie stoped eating to see Jessica's response. Jessica said nothing.

"Because my mom died" I set down my fork, pushed back the chair. And walked out of the room.

How was that for drama?

Please remember to vote and leave a comment!!!!! Your thoughts are always appreciated!!!!!!