Chapter 17

"I thought you'd be thrilled to hear that someone remembered your nieces birthday." Shyanne says.

My Aunt purses her lips, I can tell she's trying not to yell. "I never forgot. You should have either asked me or her before deciding to invite people to the house."

"It was a surprise, I couldn't ask her. And you might have told her." Shyanne says.

Before my aunt could give a retort that she matter regret in her life I but in, "when will they be here?"

"This afternoon." Shyanne smiled.

—————

It was 12 when a car pulled up. Out hoped a blond girl and a brunette guy. By best friends.

Zack, was tall for his age. Like he'd always been, with brunette curly hair. He loved video games and never grew out of likening the super hero comics. Which is how he met me and Abbie.

Abbie was a dirty blond, which was cut to her shoulders

Abbie was a dirty blond, which was cut to her shoulders. Her eyes were sky blue. Her favorite thing in the whole wide world was halloween. She was obsessed with it. Every Halloween we'd have a sleep over marathon at my house, eating popcorn and junk food.

 Every Halloween we'd have a sleep over marathon at my house, eating popcorn and junk food

As soon as she saw me she ran up to me and gave me a bear hug.

"I've missed you so much!!!!!"Abbie says. When Zack catches up she finally lets me go.

"How are you doing?" he asks.

"Fine" I say.

"Fine?!" Abbie whispers nudging me in the side. "This house is fine!" Then Aren and Vivi walked out. "Never mind, he's fine!!!!"

"He's my brother..." I whispered back as my aunt walked up to us.

"Her Ab's" my aunt gives her a quick hug. "Hey Zack."

"Hey Rebecca" Zack gave her a quick hug. My aunt had always gotten along with Abby and Zack, and hated when they called her Ms. Baker. She said it made her feel old. She insisted on being called by her name.

"Find any hot guys?" Abbie goes onto her old hobby. Throughout school she and my aunt always tried to find my 'perfect match'. I just told them they did it because they were both single.

Aunt Rebecca grins, "actually, Lauren did."

"Rebecca!" I hissed. I felt my cheeks heating up. I bet you they were tomato red.

"You have to fill me in" Abbie says.

"Hello" Shyanne then walks out. Almost at a perfect timing as if she'd been timing her arrival. "I'm Lauren's step mom, you can call me Shyanne." She extends her arm. Zack shakes it.

"Abbie" Ab's says.

"Zack" Zack says.

"Well lunch is almost ready, so you all can chat I t he foyer. And you don't need to bring your bags, the servants have them." Shyanne says.

As we walked in Abbie whispers, "I can't believe you didn't invite us sooner!!!"

"I didn't" when I said it Abbie looked at me confused m. "I'll explain later."

"Nani-peti time?" Abbie asks. A smile was spreading across her face.

"You know it."

Thoughts on Lauren's friends? On Shyanne's surprise?