Chapter 23

As soon as the shot rang out there were screams. Percy jumped back knocking me to the ground.

Looking behind me I see Jessica running tot he forest leaving her horse behind. Aren was helping Lily get out of the way, and Zack was pulling Abbie, who was screaming at me to run. Seth was running towards me, weapon raised. Vivi was watching me, her face unreadable.

My fight or flight instincts kick in. I grab Percy's am saddle and jump on. With a flick of reins I ride him the opposite way of everyone else. The shooter was here for me. I knew it. And they'd put their attention to me, not them. Who did nothing.

We kept running, the shots had stopped. I hear and noise behind me and turn my head. But that was a mistake. Because I didn't see the tree branch as it hit me sending me off Percy once again.

And the world went black.

—————

When I woke up, the sky was dim. A raindrop hit my face. It was raining. Not much at the time, but it would pick up sooner than later.

Trying to stand I hiss, my leg burning as I stood. I doubt it was broke. But it could very much be sprained.

I start to move what I believed was the way towards the house, following the footprints of Percy. This didn't work though because the rain turned it to mud making them disappear.

Then I just wandered. What seemed like hours.

Then my leg gave out and I fell to the grassy floor of the forest. The only sound was the rain as it speed up.

Climbing up beside a tree I sigh in defeat.

—————

"Lauren?" She sat beside me as she put a cool wet cloth on my head. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired" I groan. I had been feeling sick all night to the stomach. But I had just finally looked. I felt horrible.

"Just rest..." she says brushing some hair away from my eyes.

She got up to leave but it t as she got to the door she turned around in panic, "Lauren! Wake up!!!"

"Mom?!" I ask in confusion.

"Lauren, baby wake up!!!!" She yells.

My eyes bolt open. There were yells and vehicle motors.

A bright light blocked my view as someone yells, "I found her!"

"Mom?" I ask. And it all goes back again.

How was that? What do you think is happening next?!

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts!!!!