Chapter 15

Thank you for the voting heatherstafford55 !!!!! It means a lot!!!!

Lily's dress:

Renee's dress:

Renee's dress:

Now for the story!!!!! ⬇️

The party was located the back of the fencing building, which someone had stolen the keys to open.

Streamers lined the walls and random piles of packaged drinks lined the floor.

Some kids swayed to the blaring music, which almost unseeded to vibrate. While others chatted.

Renee and Lily immediately pulled me to the dance floor while an annoyed Seth stood in the corner. He hadn't been too happy when he found out my plans were to go to a party.

I was getting a can of Dr. Pepper when someone walked up to me.

"Hey" turning around I see Luke. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Renee and Lily brought me" I say.

"That explains it" he laughs a little. I can help but smile.

"Did you come with someone?" I ask.

"Aren, Ben, and Max are somewhere around here." He says. "You... wanna dance?"

"Ive got to warn you, I'm a terrible dancer" I say. Besides the mint dance parties in my room, or with friends was when i danced. Never with a boy, especially one I liked... so I like him? Does he like me?

"Don't worry, am I"Aren and I walked to the dance floor. We danced so much my feet hurt from the heals, and when I checked my phone it was an hour later.

"I'll get us some drinks" Aren walks away.

"Hey" Ryan walks up.

"Hey back." I look around, "where's Bonnie?" She was always with her big brother.

"She was tired, didn't feel up for the party" Ryan shrugs.

"Right." Bonnie hadn't been out much since she learned it was Jacob who killed their friend Nyx...

"How's Sahila? I'd heard she wasn't happy about the trial" Ryan says.

"Fine, I haven't see her though."

His eyes narrowed in confusion, "I just saw her over there with a guy..."

"Really?" I look across the party but it was impossible to see through the hoard of people. She'd told Renee she was too tired...

"Yeah, they'd been chatting... I didn't recognize him though... I'd never seen her with him before."

"Got you a drink"Luke hands me a cup. "Promise it's safe." He turns to Ryan, "sorry, I didn't get you one."

Ryan's puts on a fake smile, "that's fine, i was just going."

"Good" Luke says.

"Hey guys" Lily walks up to me, Nick with her. He must have come. "Where's Seth?"

"In his corner" I nudge my head towards the corner where a girl was flirting with poor Seth who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

Lily laughed, "poor guy should go out."

"Doubt he will ever" I say.

—————

It was 10:30, and the party was still going on. Me and Luke danced a few more times before I said I wanted some air. He agreed and we went outside to the small lawn.

Leave swayed in the few oak trees that sat on the cool grass. I weaved my fingers through the grass blades as I looked up at the stars. It was a clear night, all of the stars twinkling.

"They're beautiful..." I say and Aren sits down beside me.

"Yeah..."

"You know who else is?" He asks.

"Hmmm?" I turn back to him.

"You" and his lips were on mine.

In that moment I forgot it all. Claire and Jacob. Sahila. Shyanne. My mom's secret life. It was just me and Luke. And it was perfect.

My original plan was for Lauren to not have a love life, but I decided she needed something nice in her life with all that's going on so here you go!!!!!!!!

And remember to vote and comment your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!