Prologue-Part One

(A/N-Hello everyone! I'm Rosa, the author of this fic. I'm very happy you decided to read this.

I have written this all ahead of time, so I would really appreciate if you guys would correct things that are wrong, but nicely of course.

Also-Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling of course! The only thing that is mine is Elora and Elora's storyline. Just a quick disclaimer! I also believe I mention this later in the fic as well, but in this interpretation, Sirius Black has no relation to the Malfoy's!

By the way, there is a trigger warning for this fic. I'd say it starts from chapter three and ends at about chapter twelve. It deals with sexual abuse so if that makes you uncomfortable in any shape or form please don't read those chapters. The story will be a little choppy then, but I want you all to be safe. It won't be too hard to put everything together. If there's anything else that needs a trigger warning, please let me know immediately. Love you!)

~

Prologue-Part One

Being welcomed into a new family is a strange experience many will never endure. Knowing that you're blood will never match theirs can send a shiver through your veins.

"I don't belong here," I mutter to myself. I was still having a hard time trying to comprehend the fact that I'll never see my parents again, that they're gone forever. Now I'm expected to begin calling two strangers mummy and daddy like I've known them my entire life.

"Elora dear, could you help set the table?" My new mother called for me from downstairs. I skipped down the steps, my pigtails swishing behind me. I quietly grabbed four napkins and set them at each table. I only helped with light items. Some things were too heavy and could break, others could hurt me. After placing the bread basket on the table, I slid into my seat, waiting for the others. My "sister", Hermione, plopped into the seat next to mine and immediately began blabbing about a new book she had begun. She wasn't used to my presence yet, not even managing to glance at me. I watched her as she spoke, her frizzy hair hardly held back by a headband and her eyes wide in wonder. Once dinner was completely served, the entire family ate in silence. Nothing was wrong, it was quite peaceful on the contrary.

"Alright you two, your mother and I will clean up. Go enjoy some time in the sun while it's still out there,"our father suggested. I meekly nodded, still unaware of my new home. Hermione was surprisingly excited. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the backyard where there was a quaint pond.

"I feel as if we don't know enough about each other, so let's talk like we just met!" she said politely, "I'm Hermione Granger, I'm 7, my favorite color is purple, and I love cats."

"I'm Elora Granger now. I'm 7 too, my favorite color is green, and I love all animals," I spoke quickly, praying I wouldn't be shunned for my answer. Instead of commenting, Hermione lies down and sighs with content.

"I wish the sun was out all the time," she thought out loud.

"I kinda like when it's dark. It helps me sleep," I shrug and sit criss-cross apple sauce. I noticed a dying flower close to the water and plucked it from the ground. Hermione watched as I stared at it deep in though. Before I knew it, the flower bloomed back to life with lilac petals and bright yellow center.

"Oh my gosh! I thought I was crazy!" Hermione blurted while sitting up.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Magic! You've done magic! I've done it before too, but I thought I was only pretending! That's what my teacher told me," she stumbled along her words, not being able to believe what she saw. I still couldn't comprehend what she meant. I felt normal. Shouldn't magic be weird? Pushing away the thoughts, I tuck the flower behind her ear.

"Here you go, it is your favorite color," I smile, and get a big toothy grin back.