Chapter Thirty-One-I'll Be Your Levy

(A/N-Hello! So I'm basing this chapter off the Panic! At the Disco song 'Always' but I can't exactly call the chapter Always, I'm sure you know why...

Anyways!

Enjoy!)

~

Chapter Thirty-One-I'll Be Your Levy

Madame Pomfrey refused to let me back into the infirmary the next day. She claimed that Draco would be fine and that Dumbledore would have her head if she allowed me to skip anymore classes. I received woeful looks all day, especially from all the professors. They were no strangers to relationships amongst their students, they just tried their best to keep out of it.

"Miss Granger, I'm pleased to see you excelling in Transfiguration. You very much surprised me," Professor McGonagall stopped me before I had exited. It was my last period of the day and I was ready to dash to see Draco.

"Thank you, Professor. It's great to hear that," I smile. It had been a while since I had transferred into my Animagus form, the last time was when I worked over it during the summer with Lupin. The class was a refresher to be in. I was almost out the door when McGonagall called me back one more time.

"I am also very sorry to hear about Mr. Malfoy. I hope he is recovering well," she said while organizing some papers on her desk, "You'll be happy to hear that everything has been sorted and the proper punishments have been put into place."

"That's good to hear. I'm sorry, but I must go see Draco. Thank you once again," I quickly excused myself and bolted through the hallways. I jogged all the way to the infirmary, happy to see Madame Pomfrey nowhere in sight.

"Draco!" I exclaim when I see him standing up, trying to get dressed. He was slowly buttoning up his crisp white shirt, hissing in pain every once in a while. I rush over to him and take his grey cardigan in my hands, "Here, let me."

"Thank you," he mumbled as I helped him pull his sleeves on, not bothering to button it.

"Why don't we just go back to our room for the rest of today, yeah?" I suggest gently, receiving a nod as a response. I lace our fingers together, glad to see Draco up again. We walk down the halls together and the same woeful looks were there, but Draco was busy staring at the ground to notice them. I picked up our pace and snake our way through groups of people. When we finally get to our room, I sit down criss-cross applesauce and directed Draco to do the same. His silence is deafening. Now I knew how he felt when I would hardly speak, "Are you okay, my love?"

"I'm fine. They wouldn't have let me out otherwise," he says as he fiddles with the duvet.

"You know I didn't mean it like that," I whisper and stare at him. He finally looks up at me. His piecing blue eyes held a sadness I had never seen before.

"It's just-it's just so hard," he whispers back, his voice cracking.

"You need to talk about it, my love. I'll take some of the weight off of your back. I'll be your levy," I say and reunite our hands once more.

"You've been through so much. I do not want to whine about my worries to you," he sighs deeply and feels his internal battle grow stronger.

"We all have our different battles, Draco. You can tell me," I reassure him and brush my thumb over his knuckles.

"It's just too much. Having to fulfill orders, having to do something I had no choice to partake in," Draco finally explains, "I wish I had the courage to stand up for what I truly believe in."

I didn't say anything in response. I didn't want to try to be his therapist. I needed to be his girlfriend first. I just moved over to hug him and hold him. His posture slumped against mine, finally feeling defeat. We somehow ended up leaning against the headboard. Draco's arms were held loosely around my waist as I softly stroked his hair.

"What were you and Snape talking about yesterday?" Draco asked randomly, looking up at me.

"It's nothing for you to stress about right now," I tell him and hope he drops the topic. Of course he doesn't.

"It's okay, I want to know," he encourages.

"He was talking about my parents. Ridiculing them. Especially my mother," I reveal slightly. It wasn't exactly lying to be honest.

"Why would he feel the need to do that?" Draco scrunches his eyebrows close together in confusion.

"My mother was a death eater. She was working undercover, but no one knew what for," I finally cave and tell him the truth. He sits up besides me as he takes in the news.

"A death eater?" he gasps at last, the shock wearing off.

"Apparently. It's why I wasn't allowed around Harry as a child," I shrug to make it seem casual. Crazy news about my family might as well be now.

"Elora, I love you with all my heart, but you mustn't reveal this to anyone else. If the Dark Lord finds out-"Draco starts, but I cut him off

"He'll kill me before I can even blink twice, I know. If he finds out, I'll move up to one of the top spots on his 'To Kill' list," I tell him. The thought didn't scare me though. It would have easily shaken anyone else, but I wasn't phased. Draco looked extremely concerned. He looked like he would be sick. He tore himself from the bed, standing up and running his hands through his hair exasperatedly.

"This is all my fault. I'm so selfish for dragging you into all of this and forcing you to lie," he rambles using crazy hand motions. It was strange to see Draco Malfoy speak so fluidly about his emotions.

"None of this is your fault, my love. You didn't somehow change who my parents were. I would be stuck in this situation one way or another. Don't worry, my love. I'm fine,"

~

(A/N- YAAY ANOTHER CHAPTER!

The beginning notes of my chapters are much more chill than the ones at the ends.

ANYWAYS

I love that song so much guys. I just feel like it perfectly describes their relationship. Along with Skinny Love by Bon Iver.

Hence the name of the fic.

ALRIGHT I LOVE YOU GUYS FAREWELL.

PS-I'm publishing this chapter again because it's not like showing it updated soooooo)