Chapter Thirty-Five-The Mental Floor

"How is it that I always end up in the infirmary?" I groan as my eyes flutter open to a blinding white light.

"I guess you have a knack for danger," Tonks jokes from my side. I did find it a bit curious as to how Tonks had gotten into Hogwarts when I realized I was in a crisp, white single room.

"You're not in the infirmary. You're at St. Mungo's Hospital," Lupin explained as he walked into the room, "Do you remember what happened the other night?"

"Unfortunately," I answer, remembering the searing pain that had shook my entire body. The Cruciatus Curse was one of the three Unforgivable Curses. The use of it would send the user straight to Azkaban. It was the curse that had drove Neville's parents to insanity.

"You're lucky to be alive, Elora," Lupin reminds me. I was thankful to had been brought here in time. The Cruciatus Curse was the worst pain I have and probably ever will feel in my entire life.

"How are the Weasley's? Are they alright?" I question, sitting up straight in the bed.

"They're fine. They're safe," he reassures. I notice how the blinds on the windows had been drawn shut and Tonks was constantly peaking through them. She turned away and headed towards the bed.

"You know, the last time I was here, I was giving birth to your godson," she smiled, holding my hand in hers, "Teddy, Teddy Lupin."

"You're kidding," I grin, extremely pleased with the news.

"I'm not," she said before leaving my side and returning with a spare change of clothes, "You should go change. There's a bathroom in the hallway. Go, Remus and I can't go out there. We don't know who is watching."

"I'll keep an eye out for you," I nod. I slowly step out of the bed, my feet hitting the cold floor. Before I leave, I grab my wand from the bedside table as a precaution. I walk as casually as I can to the bathroom, trying my best to the not draw attention to myself. It was clear that I had not been discharged from St. Mungo's care, but that didn't matter.  I quickly ripped the hospital gown from my body and slip on the plain white shirt and blue jeans that Tonks had brought me. I slip my feet in the practically white Converse and chuck the hospital gown in the bin. I walk out quietly. I take note that we're on the fourth floor, the floor that was reserved for spell damage.

I was returning to my room when I noticed one door held wide open. My curiosity sprung alive as I crept in. There were two people lying in the hospital beds. Their hands hung from the bed sides, grazing each others slightly, almost as if they were holding hands. One was a woman with fair skin and almost white hair. The other was a man with equally light skin and brown hair. Their facial features resembled a student at Hogwarts. A student who had a habit of wearing goofy sweaters and losing his toad.

"Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom," I sigh, sitting on the chair located in the dark corner of the room, "Don't worry, your son is doing you proud. He's doing great."

"How sweet," I hear a dark chuckle from the doorway. A man was cloaked in black, toying with his wand. I shakily rose once more, pulling my wand from my back pocket.

"Expelliarmus!" I say, causing his wand to fly away from him.

"You little..." he snarled, ready to charge at me.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I cast the spell, binding his body. I bolt from the room to see people with the Death Eater mask lounging at every part of the floor. I try to remain silent until my foot splashes into a small puddle on the floor. Each and every one of them turn towards my direction. I froze on the spot, waiting for something to happen.

"Stupefy!" someone shouts. I can see the magic flying straight towards me, and I duck out of the way just in time. Suddenly, everyone else begins to fire spells, charms, curses, anything.

"Finite Incantatum!" I call, pointing my wand into the air. It's as if time stops as the wild colors freeze in the air. I race to my room, Lupin and Tonks standing their shocked, "Death Eaters, they're all over the building."

"No kidding," Tonks breathed finally.

"Have you learned to Apparate yet?" Lupin asked, grabbing arm tightly.

"Not yet," I reply, not sure where he was going with this.

"Now might be the perfect time to learn," he says. Suddenly, my body is twisting and turning, my insides switching with my outsides. There's a moment of blackness that fogs my vision. It's all gone in an instant and we're on a beach. There's a nice house located a few meters away and all I can hear is the splashing of waves. I had stepped forward to examine my surroundings, and when I turned back around, Tonks and Lupin were completely walk forward, my foot sinking into the sand with each step. I walked onto the porch onto the wooden house, ready to knock, when the door swung open. There Bill and Fleur Weasley stood, both looking worn from the battle at the wedding.

"Welcome to our safe house,"

~

(A/N-Hello! This was a bit of a filler chapter, but I thought the moment with Neville's parents was quite sweet.

Imagine if that just wasn't them.

Like

lol

awkward.

Have a fun time/day/night! Love y'all.)