Chapter Forty-Into Battle

(A/N-DUN DUN DUN

HERE WE ARE

THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS)

~

Chapter Forty- Into Battle

The waves were quiet today. The clouds were sad. Everything felt grim. We ate in silence at lunch. Nothing was wrong, no one was fighting. I just couldn't find the right words to say. The weight of the world had collapsed on my shoulders. It was hard to carry on throughout the day.

I found myself standing on the beach, my white converse scraping the pebbles hidden deep in the sand. I had a moss green sweater on, but it didn't fight the chills that crept down my back. The grey jeans? They were just jeans, nothing special. I was lost in my thoughts, fiddling with my golden snitch necklace, when I heard Bill wildly calling my name.

"ELORA! ELORA!" he kept repeating from the cottage.

"WHAT?" I shout back, starting to get a little fed up, I'm not going to lie.

"Lightning has struck at Hogwarts. It's time,"

~

Once I ran into the house, we all Apparated to Hogsmede, just outside of Honeydukes. We slowly tried to creep in, well aware that some Death Eaters could still be standing watch rather than going into battle. We raced down the stairs of the cellar where the rest of the Order was waiting.

"Took you long enough," an old man with a great long beard muttered as we entered. My eyes searched the room, seeing everyone all together again. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were very silent, probably praying for all their children. Kingsley and Lupin were going over their plans, all the things that could possibly happen tonight. Fred and George weren't cracking jokes like how they normally would. Instead, they were quietly chatting to their brother, Percy, whom I was very surprised to see.

"We're all here now, Abbeforth, let's just go," Bill says, all happiness gone from his tone. The man named Abbeforth walks forward and pulls on the picture frame of a very pretty girl, dressed completely in blue. The picture frame swings open, revealing a dimly lit passage way.

"Well boys, are you ready?" I ask, stepping in between Fred and George.

"We're as ready as we can ever be," George grins.

"Are you sure your ready?" Fred drawls.

"You might need a hair tie," George hums, stroking his chin.

"You don't want your hair to get in your face whilst fighting, Elora," Fred exclaims, jokingly. He messes up my hair, his tall figure giving him quite the advantage.

"You might want to offer one to Bill, too then, seeing as we have the same length of hair," I say as we walk through the passage way. I flinch away as I hear someone shush me, probably be cautious about getting caught. I take my wand from my back pocket and use Lumos to add to the lighting of the route. Luckily, the only person waiting for us was a very well missed Neville Longbottom.

"It's good to see you, Neville," I smile as I lower my wand and push through the group of others. Neville just nods in appreciation. He holds himself with a bit more confidence than before. Maybe times have changed him for the better.

"Alright, everyone. We need to go to the Great Hall. Follow me," he announces. We all follow in silence, our wands raised and ready. Ready to fight. We meet some of the other students outside the doors of the Great Hall. Hermione, Ron, Luna, and Dean Thomas.

"It would seem that despite your exhaustive defense strategies, you have a bit of a security problem," Harry's voice says from the inside. The doors begin to open, allowing the entire Order to step in. It did feel quite badass, "And I'm afraid it's rather extensive."

It all happened so quickly. Harry had ridiculed Snape for killing Dumbledore and Snape drew his wand. Professor McGonagall stepped in, guarding Harry and sending Snape off. Everyone rejoiced, but not for long. Voldemort's voice rang through everyone's ears, taking away all the joy from the room. As his eerie voice sent chills down my spine, I knew the battle had begun.

~

Everyone was scurrying around the castle, trying to find safety, trying to help, trying to get help. I followed the some of the Weasley's to the secret passageways hidden in the castle. McGonagall had assigned us there to protect the school to buy Harry more time. I was quite relieved when I learned I did not have to join the other Slytherin members in the dungeons. It did smell quite bad down there. We all stood in silence, feeling the time tick away.

"You alright, Freddie?" George suddenly asked his twin.

"Yeah," Fred said distractedly.

"Me too," George smiled at his brother. I tore my eyes away from them and onto the passageway. I was scared of what was to come next. Anything could happen. Anything will happen. I was peering into the passageway when I saw a shadow lurking closer and closer. Before I knew it, someone pushed me out of the way as a violent explosion shook every bone in my body. I was completely covered in dirt and soot as I was sent flying backwards. I couldn't see anything through the powder. People started to parade through and the fog was lifted. Ron and Harry were no where to be seen. I saw George hunching over a ginger man.

No.

No.

No.

"Come on Freddie, come on you can just shake it off," George kept urging his twin brother, his voice cracking. I begin to feel sick when I see the condition Fred was in.

"Oh god, no. Please no," I beg, sliding on my knees next to the two. George leans his good ear against Fred's chest, screaming out in pain.

"NO! FRED NO! DON'T LEAVE ME!" George yells, breaking down into sobs. I can't help but join him. It was the second time he had saved my life, but this time it cost me his.

"George. Come on we need to fight," I urge him, trying to wipe away my tears, but they just kept coming.

"NO! I need to stay with him," he says, pushing me away.

"George-"

"GO! Fight. Get revenge. Do it for Fred,"

So there I left him, crying over his dead twin. I marched straight into battle, not knowing how things could get much worse than this.

~

(A/N-I'M SO EXCITED BC THE END OF THE BOOK IS COMING AND I KNOW JUST HOW TO END IT.

btw I kinda like merged the book's death and the movie's death for Fred together I hope it doesn't suck ok love you bye)