Mini Chapter

(A/N-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

A MINI CHAPTER

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!

This is just a short little chapter. As in very short. It does correlate with the story. It's in Draco's point of view and as of right now this is gonna be the only one with a different point of view. I just felt this was important to the story, but Elora had no part in telling it.

Enjoy!

~

Mini Chapter

*DRACO'S POINT OF VIEW*

*Days before the bathroom incident*

I had only returned to Hogwarts for one reason. I was given a mission by the Dark Lord that I had to fulfill. My mind urged at me to go against it, telling me that it wasn't right. The Dark Lord would have my head if I went against him, quite literally. My family had been in enough trouble already, with my father failing the Dark Lord and being sentenced to Azkaban. I needed to protect my mother. I tried to ignore the thoughts of what I was doing. I didn't know if they or Voldemort would kill me first.

While I was protecting my mother, I was endangering Elora. It was selfish of me to keep putting her in harm's way, but she was my sense of relief. She was and continues to be my therapy. Rather than shoving me away, she holds me and tells me it will be okay, perhaps fooling the both of us.

The mission I was assigned was more like two in ways. I was to fix the Vanishing Cabinet hidden in the Room of Requirement to lead other Death Eaters into the school through the other one in Borgin and Burkes.

I was alsos assigned to kill Professor Dumbledore.

It had gone against all morals I had. I had already made countless attempts, cursing the necklace, poisoning the drink Professor Slughorn was planning on giving to him, but I still failed. I knew what was to come. I knew what I needed to do, but I denied myself from speaking it out loud. Instead, I focused on the Vanishing Cabinet.

I was already working on it, with a crisp, clean green apple. I had placed it on the bottom of the cabinet, closed the doors, and recited the chant that I was told to say. When I opened the doors again, the doctor was there, yet a bite was taken from it. Now I was here once more, holding a pure white dove in my hand. I stroked it's soft feathers, listening to Elora's poem over and over again in my head.

'People have fallen,

Lives have been changed,

Some things will never be the same.

But as the white dove lands on the treacherous land,

We shall know that the peace,

Has finally made its appearance once again,'

I was lost in the dove's charcoal black eyes as I listened to my thoughts, but I quickly turn myself away. I gently place the dove in the bottom of the cabinet and shut the doors. After waiting for a moment, I open the doors again to see nothing. I close the doors and notice a glistening white feather hanging off the edge of my sleeve. I stare at it, until I hear a noise from inside the cabinet. I open the doors to be met with a horror that effected me in a way I had never known.

There, the dove, the peace, was lying.

Dead.