Chapter Nine-The Witch is Giving a Festival

A/N-The title is in reference of Into the Woods so shoutout to you if you got it.

You rule.

((PS-for future reference, in this version of the story Bellatrix will be Draco's godmother rather than aunt))

~

Chapter Nine-The Witch is Giving a Festival

The next morning I awoke to the sound of subtle movements. Draco tried to quietly leave my side, but failed to as I completely face planted on the couch. I groaned as I tiredly pushed myself up, seeing a completely empty room. I stretched out all my limbs before heading to one of the restrooms to freshen up. I brush my teeth, ruffle my hair, then shuffle out. I was still in uniform, so I didn't need to do anything else. Draco was back in the common room, yawning to himself.

"There you are. Did you sleep well?" I question, joining his side.

"It was nice. I had to dash off to get a change of clothes," he informed me. If anyone had heard our conversation that truly would've thought it was about something absurd, "Apple?"

"Thank you," I respond, stealing the apple from his hand, "Shall we be off?"

We were walking down to our morning classes in our normal silence. Even though we did not speak much, I rather enjoyed his company. We had almost arrived at defense against the dark arts, when the well known Hogwarts celebrity was calling my name.

"Elora! Elora, wait!" He called, causing both Draco and I to turn around.

"What do you want, Potter? Are you trying to attack the only honorable Granger? Did the mudblood ask you to take her out?" Draco spit.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry growled, slowly starting to walk towards him. The mockery of one another continued before I realized what was happening.

"Boys," I say sternly, stepping in between the duo. Draco broke his narcissistic character to look into my eyes, "Draco, head into class. I'll see you there."

"Fine," he grumbled, backing away, but constantly turning back.

"How'd your detention with Umbridge go?" Harry doesn't hesitate with small talk.

"Well, it seems we have matching battle scars, now," I try to joke, flashing my still fresh wound.

"You didn't deserve any of that. You did nothing wrong," he seethed.

"Neither did you, but we cannot change that now," I remind him realistically.

"What was Malfoy doing over here?" Harry changed the subject quickly, tone becoming angry.

"He is in my house, Harold," I snap, not liking the way he was speaking to me, "He may be an arse but he's kind to me."

"Whatever," Harry scoffs, marching into class where I had to trail behind him. Umbridge was prepared to speak so I quickly took my normal seat next to Draco.

"Attention students, it's my pleasure to tell you all that the Ministry would like to hold a dance for you students to celebrate your cooperation during this school year. It'll be the Friday before the first visit to Hogsmede this year. You all are the first to hear about this," she announced, giggles irrupting in her as she finishes. The class bursts out in conversation about the news.

A dance.

Hosted by Professor Umbridge.

What a fantastic idea.

~

Weeks passed and more people began to fuss about the dance. I hadn't planned on going until mother and father sent Hermione and I beautiful dresses to wear.

"What do you think about this one?" Hermione I asked, pulling out the skirt of a fair yellow one. Hermione had always been pretty in my eyes, but her complexion did not suit the dress.

"Try this one," I say whilst handing her a purple one, "If I do remember correctly, it is your favorite color."

"Alright, you try one dress on then. This one will suit you," Hermione gave me a tea length silver dress that had a flowy skirt. We had a tense relationship for the past days, but as all things it passed. Now, we were in the astronomy tower because there was no where else for us to decide together. She put a charm on the door so we wouldn't be bothered. I was quite pleased with her choice, not ever wanting to remove the dress. I was happy to hear that she felt the same about hers. We quickly said our farewells and I dashed down the stairs when Hermione offered to clean up. It wasn't much of a surprise nowadays to see Draco waiting for me.

"Hello, Draco," I greet him at the end of the stairs.

"Ah! Elora! Just the person I wanted to see," he says as he diverts his attention from glaring at Ron and Harry.

"Am I now?" I remark softly, tired from the overwhelming day.

"Precisely. Come with me," he grabs my hand and leads me outdoors. I cannot manage to hide the shy smile and the sneaky blush that found their way to my face. He takes me to a secluded area by the pond as the sun begins to set.

"This is quite beautiful," I acknowledge as we sit down. I chuckle to myself as Draco hesitantly places himself on the dirt.

"As you know, the dance is coming up very soon. I know that this year has been particularly hard on you, and I would understand if you don't want to, but it would be my pleasure if you'd accompany to the dance," he formally offers, a lilac flower bloomed in the grass beside us, much like the one I gave to Hermione as children.

"I would love to, Draco," I smile to myself, not yet looking into his eyes. My chin was gently lifted with a soft finger and I was soon staring in the pools of grey.

"Wonderful," he breathed, a toothy grin spreading on his face. I was starting to feel a chill from the weather I assumed, but the warm air escaping his lips counteracted it.

"My dress," I start, "It's the same silver that lines your eyes and the clouds I'm beginning to see."

~

A/N-The dress is in the picture at the top. I thought it was quite adorable if I do say so myself.