Chapter Eighteen-A Push Too Far

Hermione and I had ceased all interaction with one another since I found out about Dumbledore's Army. I would see her in the hallways and she would instantly turn away. Ron followed her actions and Harry tried to, but he would still send a small smile my way.

It was time for O.W.L.S, and I still felt very underprepared. I was struggling with my Defense Against the Dark Arts exam when there was a rumble of noise outside the door. Suddenly, the Weasley twins had burst through the doors on their broomsticks, sending fireworks lose into the sky of the classroom. Many members of Umbridge's "team" got up and tried to stop them, but I couldn't help but let out a snicker as Draco was chased by a firework. He finally dodged away just as it hit the wall, leaving an impression of his face. He sulked away, finding his seat beside mine.

"That wasn't funny," he grumbled as I continued to laugh at his attitude. Fred patted my back as he flew by, and I sent him a thumbs up in response. It was good to see that not everyone in the Army was against me.

~

June 18th, 1996.

It was late at night and I was spending my time in the common room, not yet feeling the urge to retreat to my own bed. I was lazily lying on the couch, doing simply nothing, when I heard a racket from outside the door. I quickly left the room, disregarding my curfew, to see Ron, Harry, Hermione, and other members of Dumbledore's Army jogging down the stairs. I tried to grab Luna's attention, but to no avail. As Hermione tried to dash by me, I groaned and tugged on her sweater to stop her.

"Hermione, what on Earth is going on?" I demanded from her. I held my stance as firmly as I could. I didn't want her to make a smart comment at how weak I was and looked. I noticed the war that she was fighting within herself. She was teetering back and forth from telling me truth or lying. Her face softened as she made her choice.

"I'm sorry, Elora," she said, before pushing me into the wall. My head collided with the brick behind me, a smacking sound echoing in my ears. Hermione scattered away as I fell to the ground. My head was pounding, surely blood was streaming from where I had been impacted, but I payed no attention to it. My vision began to blur as my eyes refused to stay open, leaving me in a forced sleep.

~

I groaned as my eyes finally opened to be welcomed with the familiar bright lights of the infirmary. I was surprised to see Neville and Luna sitting on the bed next to mine. They were slightly scratched up, but looked perfectly fine. I, on the other hand, had a pounding headache. I did my best to ignore it and searched the room for Draco, but didn't see him at all.

"Elora, it's so good to see you better," Neville said, standing up and standing next to my bed.

"Where's Draco?" I ask, ignoring my own pain and putting him first.

"He went home. His father was sent to Azkaban," he revealed, starting to sound uncomfortable.

"What? Why?" I sit up, wincing as my pain increased.

"There was a fight last night at the Ministry," Luna explained tenderly, "I'm sorry, Elora."

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" I demand from them, trying to brace myself.

"Sirius died last night. Bellatrix Lestrange killed him," Neville finally said. I felt everything around me collapse as the news plummets in my brain. I didn't even get to see him one last time. For the first time in forever, I truly was alone.

"Could you please go?" I whisper my request, not wanting to see anyone. I had found my family, and it was taken from me, with nothing I can do about it.

I was simply discharged from the infirmary. I was not seriously injured, just a little knock to the head. I felt a weight drag me around the school, while everyone carried on with their happy conversations. Dumbledore was back, Umbridge was gone, and the school was livelier than ever. I was walking by the pond when I saw Hermione. She came over to me, trying to start a conversation.

"Don't bother," I spit, trying to walk away.

"Elora, I'm sorry, don't you understand?" she groaned, growing impatient.

"I really don't," I say, "My father died last night. He died, and you did nothing about it. You didn't even let me see him. It could've been my last time and I will never forgive you."

"You're mad," Hermione scoffed and crossed her arms.

"It runs in the family,"

"You weren't strong enough. I didn't want to lose you," she responded quietly.

"Maybe you didn't. It's your problem now because you actually did," I stated. I normally would have stalked off. It was becoming a trend, but it wasn't something to do now. I needed to hold my ground. It worked as Hermione scurried off, keeping her gaze to the ground. I took a seat by the pond. finally letting my emotions overcome me. Tears raced down my face, but I didn't let out a noise at all. I hear someone take a seat beside me, but they don't bother to look at me or start a conversation. I look their way to see it's Harry. It hadn't crossed my mind that he was mourning in the same sense I was. He watched as his godfather died, while I was unaware as my father lost his life. I couldn't tell which was worse.

"I'm sorry, Harry," I choke out, furiously wiping my eyes.

"I'm sorry, too," he sighs, still staring out at the lake. I finally stood up, taking Harry's hand and tugged him off the ground. I finally wrapped my arms around his shoulders and leading him into a hug. Maybe I hadn't lost all of my family.

~

(A/N-SIRIUS IS DEAD AND SO AM I.

I AM DEAD ON THE INSIDE

THIS IS SO PAINFUL

I AM SORRY)